redBus is a free application that helps you easily book tickets and hotel rooms at cheap prices for over 70,000 routes worldwide. You have the possibility to choose from over 2,300 operators and 20,000 hotels across 1,000 cities. With it, you can choose to travel on a bus that offers sleeper, semi-sleeper, with or without A/C. In addition, you are able to make transactions using credit cards, debit cards, Netbanking or phone booking options. The latest version of this app is 188.8.131.52 and it’s available for Windows PCs.
redBus v184.108.40.206 is now available in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia and can be installed on devices with larger screens. According to its changelog, there are some bugs found in previous versions that are now fixed. This update is now available to download from the Windows Store and can be installed on devices running on Windows 10, Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.
This application is highly used in India where the top destinations are: Agra, Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore, Coorg, Darjeeling, Gangtok, Goa, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Katra, Kerala, Kodaikanal, Mumbai, Munnar, Mysore, Nasik, Ooty, Pondicherry, Pune, Shirdi, Tirupati, Udaipur and many more. Thanks to the new update, now there are new supported routes in Singapore & Malaysia: Singapore to Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur to Singapore, Singapore to Malacca, Singapore to Ipoh, Kuala Lumpur to Ipoh and the state bus carriers from where you can book tickets are: APSRTC, GSRTC, HRTC, Kadamba, MSRTC and UPSRTC.
Key features are currently available in India include:
- Live Tracking – so you will know where you are on the map anytime during your journey;
- Friends & Family – it will allow you to send a tracking link to your loved ones to keep track of your whereabouts and plan pickups;
- Save ticket details – you will be able to download previously booked tickets and save them on the application;
- Ratings of buses based on customers feedback for each operator;
- Amenities available in the bus.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: