Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) updated for Windows 10
Remote Server Administration Tools allow IT administrators to manage Windows Servers from a remote computer running the full release version of Windows 10. Microsoft recently rolled out a new version of RSAT that you can download straight from the Download Center.
More specifically, the Windows 10 tools work on the following OS versions: Professional, Enterprise, and Education. All the RSAT tools are enabled by default as soon as you install the latest update package. You do not need to open “Turn Windows features on or off in Windows 10” to enable the tools that you want to use.
If you want to turn off specific features, follow the steps listed below:
- Go to Start > All Apps >Windows System > Control Panel.
- Click Programs > Programs and Features >Turn Windows features on or off.
- In the Windows Features dialog box, expand Remote Server Administration Tools, and then expand either Role Administration Tools or Feature Administration Tools.
- Clear the check boxes for any tools that you want to turn off. If you turn off Server Manager, you also need to restart your computer and the tools that were accessible from the Tools menu of Server Manager must be opened from the Administrative Tools folder.
- When you have turned off the tools that you do not want to use, click OK.
To download the latest Remote Server Administration Tools version and read more about the content of this update, go to Microsoft’s Download Center.
Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 includes Server Manager, Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-ins, consoles, Windows PowerShell cmdlets and providers, and command-line tools for managing roles and features that run on Windows Server.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows Server 2016 now supported on Amazon EC2
- KB3192406 for Windows Server 2012 fixes high CPU usage, improves Windows Kernel
- VMmare now supports Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Windows Server 2016
Solid State Disks or just SSD for short are the storage solutions to have if you want to speed things up with your PC. They […]