Rise of the Tomb Raider’s newest update adds DX12 support and more
Rise of the Tomb Raider has picked up a new update on Steam, one that should excite many. It brings support for DirectX 12 and as expected, folks must be using Windows 10 to get it.
With this API, owners of the game should be able to enjoy better performance. However, there’s a catch: players must have DirectX 12-capable hardware, and those are few and far between right now.
Before attempting to download the update, be sure to have the latest drivers installed for your GPU. Bear in mind that if this isn’t done, the game may not run properly after updating.
DirectX 12 support is not the only thing the latest update for Rise of the Tomb Raider brings to the table. According to the changelog, support for NVIDIA’s VXAO Ambient Occlusion technology is also include. This is said to be the most advanced real-time AO solution, but we can’t say for sure.
Here’s the full changelog:
- Added support for DirectX 12
- DirectX 12 is a new advanced graphics API that on the right hardware can offer far better performance.
- For the best DX12 performance and stability please install the latest drivers for your GPU.
- Adds NVIDIA VXAO Ambient Occlusion technology. This is the world’s most advanced real-time AO solution, specifically developed for NVIDIA Maxwell hardware. (Steam Only)
- Added a new benchmark feature to allow easy comparison of performance on different systems as well as at different graphics settings.
- Fixed some HBAO+ and other Ambient Occlusion issues.
- Fixed motion blur problems in Stereoscopic 3D mode.
- A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug fixes, and tweaks.
Owners of Rise of the Tomb Raider on Steam can grab the update is right here. All that’s left is a similar update for those who bought the game from the Windows Store.
E-commerce, which is a shortened tag for “electronic commerce”, has taken over the global market, as virtually all types of products and services are advertised/marketed […]
Windows 10 Mobile is now heading toward its 2019 end of support date. Microsoft’s mobile platform had already fallen by the wayside over the last […]
For the online gaming community, reliable and uninterrupted communication is important for not only coordinating during gameplay but also as a way to expand the […]