Roku app for Windows 10 brings support for UK, Canada and Mexico
Roku rolled out its Windows 10 app to the Windows Store back in June, and one month later it’s bringing support for users from the United Kingdom, Canada and Mexico. The latest update also brings some bug fixes and improvements, allowing users to enjoy a smoother Roku experience.
You can use the Roku app to search for movies, TV shows and other content on your Roku Player or Roku TV using your Windows 10 device. To use this app, you must connect your Windows device to the same network as your Roku player or TV.
Apart from the recently revamped interface, the app also offers a series of useful features, including Cortana support. You don’t have to move a finger to access your favorite content: simply tell Cortana what you want to watch and she’ll bring the desired content to you.
Thanks to the recent update, users from the UK, Canada and Mexico will be able to enjoy the full Roku app features that include:
- Search for movies, shows, actors, or directors and easily launch the content on your Roku player or TV. Search is available today with the Roku Streaming Stick (HDMI version), Roku 3, Roku TVs, and will be available on additional Roku players at a later date.
- Browse, add, and rate Channels from more than 1,800 Roku Channels offered in the Roku Channel Store.
- Quickly launch your favorite Roku Channels – Name and switch between multiple Roku players and TVs
- Enjoy your laptop or tablet photos and music on your Roku player or TV (Supported on Roku 3, Roku 2, Roku LT, Roku HD (model 2500), Roku TV, and Roku Streaming Stick only).
You can download the Roku app and the latest update that comes with it from the Microsoft Store.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Movies & TV app for Windows 10 updated with improved downloads
- FXNOW App Launched for Windows 8, Watch Original Series and Blockbuster Movies
- Netflix is considering letting users download shows to watch offline
Windows cannot find the Microsoft license software terms error can sometimes appear while trying to install Windows. This error will prevent you from installing Windows, […]
Some users are using their Xbox One controller on their PC, but sometimes they might encounter USB device not recognized message. This can be an […]
OBS or Open Source Broadcaster is a free and open source software that can be used to stream and record programs. It’s quite popular as […]