Roku App for Windows Gets New Features and Improved Roku TV Support
The official Roku app for Windows devices has been available on the Windows Store for a while, having received important updates lately. This time we’re talking about some new really significant changes that have been issued, so read below for more details on this.
By using the Roku app on their devices, Windows users can control their Roku player over their home network. And now the app is receiving some new features that are long overdue and have been requested by thousands of users.
The latest update allows Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 owners to search for movies, TV shows, actors, and directors, as well as display photos and music on theor Roku Player or Roku TV. Also, there is a new channel store feature that has proved to be really useful. Here’s a breakdown of the main features of the app:
– Search for movies, shows, actors, or directors and easily launch the content on your Roku player or TV. Search is available today with the Roku Streaming Stick (HDMI version), Roku 3, Roku TVs, and will be available on additional Roku players at a later date.
– Browse, add, and rate Channels from more than 1,800 Roku Channels offered in the Roku Channel Store.
– Quickly launch your favorite Roku Channels
– Name and switch between multiple Roku players and TVs
– Enjoy your laptop or tablet photos and music on your Roku player or TV (Supported on Roku 3, Roku 2, Roku LT, Roku HD (model 2500), Roku TV, and Roku Streaming Stick only)
READ ALSO: How to Disable Animations in Windows 10
Hamachi by LogMeIn is one of the most popular VPN services for teams, commonly used by the gaming community. It allows users to create LAN-like […]
The DNS server, short for Domain Name Server is where the management, maintenance and processing of Internet domain names take place. Or in simple terms, […]
Getting the perfect gift for FIFA fans is actually an easy job. Basically, you get them anything related to their favorite game and you’ll make […]