Samsung Galaxy TabPro S LTE Announced: First Windows 10 Tablet to Support LTE Cat 6
You might recall or not, but a few weeks back, at the world’s biggest tech conference, namely CES, we saw South-Korean giant Samsung announcing the Galaxy TabPro S. Actually, we liked it that much, that we included it on our list with the best Windows 10 hybrids (2-in-1) to get in 2016.
Now, here at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, the company has announced the LTE version of the device, following its previous announcement made 2 days ago, in Lisbon. The Galaxy TabPro S has thus been joined by the Samsung Galaxy TabPro S LTE, a slightly upgraded version.
This isn’t just another new Windows 10 device, but it’s actually “the first tablet, powered by Windows, to support LTE Cat 6 for the fastest and most advanced connected experience“. I for one am always crazy for snappy internet on my tablet, so this device will definitely end up on my wishlist for this Christmas. But LTE isn’t the sole thing about this device, as it comes with a couple of other nice features:
- Enhanced fast charging features allows the Galaxy TabPro S battery to be fully charged in just 2.5 hours, and offers up to 10.5 hours of battery life
- Latest generation Intel Core M processor, designed for a fanless 2-in-1 tablet, featuring only 4.5W of power consumption to eliminate
noise disruption and maximize efficiency
- Multi-port adapter (HDMI, USB Type A & C) and Bluetooth Pen (available for purchase separately)
- 12” 2160×1440 Super AMOLED display
- 5MP AF(Rear), 5MP (Front) cameras
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac MIMO, Wi-Fi Direct, NFC, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS GPS, GLONASS
- Sensor Accelerometer, Hall, Light
- Memory 4GB(RAM), 128GB / 256GB SSD
- Weight and dimensions – 290.3×198.8×6.3mm, 693g(Wi-Fi), 696g(LTE)
- Battery – 5,200mAh (39.5W, 7.6V)
It’s worth pointing out that the Galaxy TabPro S LTe is thinner and lighter than the iPad Pro, if that’s something that you’re interested in. Also, the fact that it uses both GPS and Glonass, along with LTE Cat 6, means it will be able to provide snappy coverage. The Galaxy TabPro S will be available in selected markets in the Middle East and North Africa from the beginning of March.
Abdo Chlala, Head of IT & Mobile Business at Samsung Middle East & North Africa, made the following comment:
“Galaxy TabPro S combines the best of both worlds by offering the simplicity of a tablet, with the functionality of a notebook. Partnering with Microsoft was a clear choice when developing the Galaxy TabPro S. It delivers the next stage in mobile productivity by incorporating Windows 10, and leveraging the enormous network of Windows developers. We’re thrilled to deliver a seamless mobile station designed for all purposes, to our customers in the region”
We’ve reached out to Samsung to get an update on the pricing and further availability in other parts of the world and will update the article once we get more details on this.
Your McAfee Antivirus license has just expired. You tried to remove the software from your computer but some strange error messages prevent you from completing […]
Most of us often encounter the annoying Blue screens of death problems on our different versions of Windows. You will see that the screen will simply turn […]
If you’re running older Windows 10 OS version, you may want to check for updates. Microsoft released new updates for Windows 10 v1709, v1703 and […]