- To save a webpage as a PDF on Windows 10, you can use your browser or dedicated PDF software.
- This feature is available in almost all browsers, and you can save pages in a matter of seconds.
- To convert a Microsoft Edge file to PDF, use the virtual printer feature of Windows 10.
- Besides the download button, the virtual printer is another solution on how to save a PDF file in Microsoft Edge.
Sometimes you need to save a certain webpage to read it later, and many users choose to save the webpages they need as PDFs.
This is quite simple to do in Windows 10, and in this guide, we’re going to show you how to do it without any third-party tools.
How can I save a webpage as a PDF?
1. How do I save a webpage as PDF in Chrome, Firefox?
- Open the webpage.
- Press Ctrl + P.
- In the new window, in Chrome from Destination select Save as PDF, while in Firefox we select Microsoft Print to PDF.
- The Print button is the last one needed to finish the process. Click on it and a new file will show on your computer.
Note: The process is similar in most browsers. The hotkey Ctrl + P is a universal combination that is a shortcut for the print command.
It works just as well in Word documents, PDFs, and it’s the fastest way to save webpage to PDF.
2. Here’s how to save webpages as PDF in Internet Explorer
- Open a webpage you want to save as PDF with Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the dotted menu, and choose Open with Internet Explorer.
- In Internet Explorer, click on Tools (gear icon), and choose Print.
- Choose Microsoft Print to PDF, under Select Printer.
- Click on Print.
- Choose the location of your PDF document, and give it a name.
- Wait a couple of seconds, and your PDF document will be saved.
Note: This method is pretty simple, and it’s the easiest way to save a page in Internet Explorer on Windows 10.
3. How do I save a webpage in PDF in Microsoft Edge?
- Open the webpage you want to save as PDF.
- Press Ctrl + P or click the three-dot menu and select Print.
- Select Microsoft Print to PDF to save the respective webpage as a PDF file.
- Hit Print.
Note: And just when I wanted to write a report about that, and tell you that you can save a webpage to PDF in Edge normally now, I dug a little deeper, and I found out that the issue is still here for many users.
Fortunately, I did find some solutions to this problem, and I’ll list them below.
4. How do I fix the Microsoft Edge Save Print to PDF not working?
1. Install a much better tool for HTML-PDF conversion
- Download Adobe Acrobat and install it.
- Open your browser, go to the page you want to convert to PDF, and copy the URL.
- Open Adobe Acrobat, and go to Tools.
- Click Create PDF.
- Click Webpage.
- Go to Advanced Settings and click OK.
- Paste the URL and click Create.
Note: Third party-solutions are pretty much the best course of action regardless of what you are trying to do since they are usually created to do specifically that in a manner that is extremely simple for the user.
Such would be the case with Adobe Acrobat, an iconic software tool that has become almost synonymous with PDF files. Thus, it is a great idea if you use Adobe Acrobat to convert HTML pages to PDFs as well.
2. Use a different browser
Most people who have this problem, also say that saving a webpage as PDF works in other browsers.
We recommend installing the Opera browser as an alternative to Microsoft Edge. Opera is a reliable browser that will always protect your privacy — a crucial characteristic in today’s world.
Making the switch to Opera is quite easy. Once you install it, you can easily import all of your bookmarks from Edge, Chrome, or Firefox.
Then, you can start using the browser and see how faster webpages will load. Because it comes with a built-in ad blocker, you will see fewer ads and better loading speeds.
Other really useful features are readily available: integrated messengers, free and unlimited VPN, grouping tabs together using Workspaces, or sharing content with your other devices using My Flow.
The browser also supports printing webpages to PDF. To print webpages to PDF on the Opera browser, press CTRL + P and select Save as PDF.
OperaOne of the best browsers available, with AdBlocker and security features. Opera is a great solutions to save a webpage as PDF.
3. Repair or reset Edge
- Open the Settings app by pressing the Windows key+I keys combination.
- Go to Apps.
- Select Apps and Features.
- Scroll down to Microsoft Edge.
- Select the browser and click on Advanced Options.
- First, click on Repair.
- If the issue persists, click on the Reset option.
Do you have this issue with printing PDF in Microsoft Edge? Or you maybe have a solution for us?
If you have a solution to this problem, please write it down in the comments, our readers who are facing this issue will surely appreciate it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Microsoft Edge is Windows 10’s default tool for opening files. The browser also supports editing. However, if you need an advanced editing tool, take a look at our guide including the best dedicated PDF editors.
To change the orientation for a PDF file that you have opened in your browser, follow our guide on how to rotate a PDF with your browser.
To split a file in Microsoft Edge, use the Print to option. You could perform the task even faster by using a lightweight PDF splitter.