- Sea of Thieves is an action-packed game that you can play on Windows or Xbox to become a pirate, complete quests, and interact with other players.
- If you have Sea of Thieves high ping that hampers your gaming experience, use a fast and secure VPN to quickly resolve this issue.
- For any other problems with this game, see our Sea of Thieves Troubleshooting Hub.
- Visit our Gaming VPN section to discover more ways to enhance your gameplay.
If you’re experiencing Sea of Thieves high ping, you can use a VPN to reduce it and improve your gameplay.
Sea of Thieves is an action-adventure first-person multiplayer game, where you’re a pirate on the quest to become a legend. You can play it on Windows (Steam, Microsoft Store), Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.
In this game, you can explore an open-world in your ship, complete quests assigned by non-player characters (NPCs), and interact with other players.
Sea of Thieves runs game servers in several data centers across the world, including the US and Europe. Unfortunately, many players report high ping in Sea of Thieves, which prevents them from fully enjoying the game.
If you’re looking for a fast and easy way to eliminate Sea of Thieves lag spikes, use a VPN to reduce your ping and improve your gaming experience.
What are the best VPNs to fix Sea of Thieves high ping?
If you’re wondering how to reduce ping in Sea of Thieves, look no further than Private Internet Access (PIA). It’s one of the fastest VPNs for streaming and gaming that you can use to speed up your network connection and protect your device online.
Made by Kape Technologies, PIA is an intuitive and feature-rich VPN that can fix packet loss. It’s compatible with Windows and Xbox, allowing up to 10 simultaneous device connections. And, if you have any trouble with PIA, you can take advantage of its 24/7 live chat support.
PIA key features:
- +3,300 servers in 47 countries
- Forward ports to make your Internet connection faster
- Fixes Sea of Thieves server lag in no time
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Private Internet Access
Fix Sea of Thieves high ping and lag spikes using this fast and secure VPN.
Another way to get rid of Sea of Thieves bad ping is by using CyberGhost VPN. It’s ideal for repairing network congestion, whether you choose to play the game on Windows or Xbox. This VPN is owned by Kape Technologies.
CyberGhost VPN has an extensive network of servers spread across the globe, even in the regions where Sea of Thieves has data centers. Besides the fact that it’s the only free VPN on this list, CyberGhost permits up to 7 simultaneous connections.
CyberGhost VPN key features:
- +6,400 servers in 89 countries
- Create whitelists or blacklists in split tunneling mode
- Great for fixing Xbox controller lag in Sea of Thieves
- 45-day money-back guarantee (1-day free trial)
Lower Sea of Thieves high ping by connecting to fast VPN servers.
BullGuard VPN is an excellent solution for fixing Sea of Thieves sword swing lag. You can use it to minimize jitter during gameplay, improve your network connection speed, and secure your computer or console online.
BullGuard VPN key features:
- +2,000 servers in 16 countries
- Share VPN access with all your devices
- Great for reducing Sea of Thieves server ping
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Eliminate any Sea of Thieves high ping by turning to this speedy and safe VPN tool.
In conclusion, Sea of Thieves is a fun and exciting game that you can play with your friends on Windows and Xbox. But it can become impossible to enjoy it due to high ping.
Therefore, you can redirect all network traffic through VPN servers in order to significantly improve your connection speed and minimize Sea of Thieves high ping.
Furthermore, a dependable VPN tool can help you easily host game servers for friends. Even if you connect all your household devices to the virtual private network, you can turn off your VPN anytime to regain access to the public web.
Frequently Asked Questions
Go to the settings menu of Sea of Thieves and look for an option to display latency and show FPS.
Sea of Thieves high ping can be the result of incorrect network settings, ISP bandwidth throttling, invalid IP configuration on Wi-Fi, problems with the game servers, or something else.
The easiest way to fix Sea of Thieves high ping is by getting equipped with a reliable VPN service like PIA. You just need to connect to an optimal VPN server.
Sea of Thieves allows VPN usage as long as you don’t resort to this technology to break the game’s terms and conditions. Using a VPN to improve your connection speed during gameplay is allowed.