- As part of their strategic mission, Microsoft and ServiceNow aim to integrate workflow functions.
- ServiceNow has launched a Teams app for its employee center.
- Teams interface helps employees enhance customer experience.
Microsoft and ServiceNow have teamed up to integrate workflow functions such as HR, facilities, IT and procurement. Embedding Teams into ServiceNow is expected to create a unified portal where employees can use as a pool of information.
Components of the ServiceNow App
- Meeting integration – all communication tasks in relation to the meeting are shared directly to Teams for speedy collaboration.
- Chatbots – introducing a virtual agent to take over HR, IT and other departments.
- Actionable notifications – employees can take action on notifications within the app without the need to leave the meeting.
The ServiceNow employee center is created to enhance how employees work and interact with information. The faster they are able to find information and act on it in a timely manner, the easier tasks become and more time is available to perform other duties. This also helps employees become more productive when they can perform mundane tasks easily and avoid burnout.
This is just one of the many collaborative apps that Microsoft has brought on board and many are yet to come. The company first announced its plans to use collaborative apps in May 2021. The company uses collaborative apps and supplements them with communication capabilities.
From previous feedback, the customer service experience has improved for organizations since the integration was implemented. In addition, any updates to Microsoft Teams also benefit ServiceNow. Recently, Microsoft Teams launched the word cloud poll feature to target more engagement. The collaboration is mutually beneficial.
Other companies wishing to integrate their platforms can follow suit as the success rate is evident and will ensure the steady growth of any organization. The traditional work culture is not making a comeback so there is a need for employers to provide collaboration tools to enhance productivity.
Do you think the collaborative apps by Microsoft have any consequences on businesses? Leave a comment down below.