Shorten URLs with Short.y UWP app for Windows 10
Those wanting to send long URLs usually turn to link shorteners, a common practice on Twitter where users are limited to 145 characters. Now, there’s an app to help out with this: Short.y, and it’s available for Windows 10 devices. It uses the
It should be noted that Short.y is a Universal Windows app which means users can use any Window device at any time to shorten the longest URLs. The app supports Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, and Surface Hub.
Features of the app include:
- Shorten URLs
- Custom identifiers
- View statistics of your shortened URLs
- Share URLs from other apps, such as Microsoft Edge, and Short.y will shorten it for you, whilst copying it to your clipboard automatically
- Extract links from text shared to it
What does extracting links from text means? Well, with this functionality it is possible to paste a piece of text in the app and have the app automatically extract every link available and shorten the URLs for your convenience. The app works best with social media apps such as Facebook Messenger and Twitter: Just get the link or text using Microsoft Edge, and let the app do the rest.
Short.y can be downloaded right here from the Windows Store for free.
If you’re out looking for other apps, it’s now possible to download classic Windows x86 apps via the Windows Store today. Furthermore, Telltale Games plans on fully supporting the Windows Store and the UWP initiative.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Zootopia Crime Files Hidden Object is available on the Windows Store
- Microsoft finally fixes Windows Store ‘Check for Updates’ bug
- FXNOW Windows 10 streaming app now available via Windows Store
The Adobe Acrobat PDF (Portable Document Format) software throws out an “Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server” error message for some users. That […]
In the world of smartphones and busy people, a large chunk of the population relies heavily on sending SMS. Whether it’s a personal message or a […]