Silhouette Studio is very popular design software that allows you to create a wide range of designs to fit your project. You can create your own designs from scratch, or download some of the designs from the Silhouette Design Store.
Users have reported this issue on Microsoft Answers forums:
I tried downloading and installing the Silhouette software and no matter what I tried it will not work. It will install the program without any problems but as soon as I launch the application it displays a white screen and an error message appears stating Silhouette has failed and must quit.
This issue can be extremely annoying, especially if you couldn’t wait to start creating inside Silhouette Studio, or if you have a deadline to respect. No matter what circumstances you find yourself in, getting this error message will stop you from accessing your project.
In this article, we will explore some of the best troubleshooting steps that you can take in order to solve this issue and get back to designing.
Here’s what to do if Silhouette Studio is crashing on Windows 10
1. Remove AppData for your Silhouette Studio
- Close all running instances of Silhouette.
- Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard > type %appdata% > press Enter.
- Delete the folder com.aspexsoftware.Silhouette_Studio.
- Empty the Recycle Bin.
- Try opening Silhouette Studio again and see if the problem is fixed.
2. Clear your Silhouette Studio library
Note: Removing your library from Silhouette will delete all files stored. It is recommended that you back up your projects before you try this step.
- Press Windows Key + R keys on your keyboard > type %programdata% > press Enter.
- Delete the folder com.aspexsoftware.Silhouette_Studio.8.
- Empty the Recycle Bin.
- Try opening the Silhouette software again and check if the problem still exists.
- Recover the library by following these official steps.
3. Update to the latest version of Silhouette Studio
- Visit the official Silhouette Studio webpage.
- Click the Update Software button and install the latest version.
Note: It is recommended that you choose one of the stable versions of the software. (the beta versions can cause this error)
4. Update your PC graphics driver
- Press Windows Key + X keys on your keyboard > select Device Manager.
- Right-click on your graphics card driver > select Update driver.
- Wait for the update process to complete, and then try re-opening Silhouette Studio.
In this article, we explored some of the best methods to deal with the Silhouette Studio error occurred. Quit without saving error message. Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you fix the error message, by using the comment section below.