- The Silhouette Studio has encountered an error and must quit message can appear when you try to start the design app.
- The Silhouette error message can be triggered by a wrong version for your Windows system.
- This problem can be solved by removing the app data from the software as shown below.
- You can also fix the error by updating the software to the latest version.
Silhouette Studio is very popular design software that allows you to create a wide range of designs to fit your project.
You can create your own designs from scratch or download some of the designs from the Silhouette Design Store.
Users have reported this issue on Microsoft Answers forums:
I tried downloading and installing the Silhouette software and no matter what I tried it will not work. It will install the program without any problems but as soon as I launch the application it displays a white screen and an error message appears stating Silhouette has failed and must quit.
Silhouette Studio’s An error has occurred. Quit without saving error can be extremely annoying, especially if you couldn’t wait to start creating inside Silhouette Studio software, or if you have a deadline to respect.
No matter what circumstances you find yourself in, getting this error message will stop you from accessing your project.
In this article, we will explore some of the best troubleshooting steps that you can take in order to solve the Silhouette Studio has encountered an error issue on Windows 10 and get back to designing.
What can I do if Silhouette Studio is crashing on Windows 10?
1. Remove AppData for your Silhouette Studio
- Close all running instances of Silhouette.
- Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard, type %appdata%, and press Enter.
- Delete the folder com.aspexsoftware.Silhouette_Studio.
- Empty the Recycle Bin.
- Try opening Silhouette Studio again and see if the problem is fixed.
This folder contains the application data for Silhouette Studio and completely removing it can solve the crashing problem for the software.
2. Clear your Silhouette Studio library
- Press Windows Key + R keys on your keyboard, type %programdata%, and press Enter.
- Delete the folder com.aspexsoftware.Silhouette_Studio.8.
- Empty the Recycle Bin.
- Try opening the Silhouette software again and check if the problem still exists.
- Recover the library by following these official steps.
Note: Removing your library from Silhouette will delete all files stored. It is recommended that you back up your projects before you try this step.
3. Update to the latest version of Silhouette Studio
- Visit the official Silhouette Studio webpage.
- Click the Update Software button and install the latest version.
Note: It is recommended that you choose one of the stable versions of the software (the beta versions can cause this error).
4. Update your PC graphics driver
- Press Windows Key + X keys on your keyboard and select Device Manager.
- Right-click on your graphics card driver and select Update driver.
- Wait for the update process to complete, and then try re-opening Silhouette Studio.
In this article, we explored some of the best methods to deal with the Silhouette Studio error occurred. Quit without saving error message.
When you download the Silhouette Studio software make sure that you get the proper version for your operating system. Running a 64-bit version on a 32-bit OS might cause this problem.
Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you fix the error message, by using the comment section below.