Skype’s updated Windows 10 app will now look better on your taskbar
Skype is being used by millions worldwide, and not just on the traditional Microsoft platforms and devices, but across mobile ones, as well.
However, Windows 10 is crucial to where Microsoft finds itself at the moment. That’s why the official Skype app gets updated so often for Windows 10 users. Now a new version has been made available on the Microsoft Store.
The new updated Skype app is now at version 12.8.480.0. Here’s a quick overview of the most important changes brought with this new version:
- improved taskbar icon
- ight-click to delete chats
- set your presence (away, do not disturb etc) in the Profile section of the app
- ability to mention people using the @ symbol in group chats.
At the moment, we can say that users of the app aren’t quite happy, as they’ve rated it 3.8. Among the features that are highly requested we find the following:
- new notification panel
- support for add-ins like PayPal, Giphy, customizable themes
- mutual contacts, which is something that Microsoft could deploy soon
If you happen to own an Xbox, you should also know that there is an official Skype app, as well. Also, just in case, here are some technical guides that you can consult if you ever come across any of the following issues and error:
- Problems with Skype camera in Windows 10
- Problems with Skype network
- Skype audio not working
- Skype won’t close
- Skype install errors
Many users reported that Gmail is not receiving Yahoo mail on their PC. This can be a big problem especially if you’re waiting for a […]
Have you ever encountered Windows image file handling information disclosure vulnerability alerts? Having this issue on your computer system could allow remote third-party attackers to […]