- Skype is a great instant messaging app, but even great apps have certain issues.
- Some users reported that the auto sign-in option isn’t working properly on Windows 10.
- To fix this issue, check your Skype settings and make sure that the auto sign-in option is enabled.
- If you’re having additional problems with Skype, be sure to check our Skype hub where we post all sorts of useful guides.
6. Disable Skype notifications
- Open Skype and go to Tools > Options.
- Go to Notification settings and make sure that comes online option is not checked.
- Click Save to save changes.
This looks like a strange solution, but few users claim that it works, so it won’t hurt you to try it.
7. Use ListFix
- Completely close Skype.
- Download ListFix.
- After the tool is downloaded, extract it.
- Run the tool.
- Select and shared.xml and click Clear Skype names.
- After the process is completed, click on Clear Skype cookies.
- Close ListFix application and try to run Skype again.
8. Unlink your Microsoft and Facebook account
- Go to https://login.skype.com and log in with your Skype account.
- Now go to Settings and unlink both your Microsoft and Facebook account.
After doing that, both your Microsoft and Facebook account will be unlinked and you’ll be able to sign in automatically to Skype.
Keep in mind that this method might not work if you signed up for Skype with your Microsoft or Facebook account.
9. Check if your username and password are correct
According to users, if have auto sign in problems with Skype, your username or password might not be correct.
Before trying to sign in, be sure to check if everything is in order with your username and password.
If you suspect that your Skype account might be hacked, be sure to reset your password and try to sign in with a new password.
10. Check if your Internet connection is working
If you have problems signing in to Skype, the issue might be your Internet connection. To fix this problem, it’s important that you check if your Internet connection is working properly.
If other websites work without any problems, it means that everything is in order with your network connection, so the problem is most likely with Skype.
To check if Skype and its services are working properly, be sure to go to https://support.skype.com/en/status.
From there you can see which Skype services are working properly. If there’s an issue with any of these services, Microsoft will try to fix them as soon as possible.
11. Try Skype for Web
According to users, sometimes this problem can occur due to issues with your Skype application.
To check if your application is the problem, you might want to try using Skype for Web. Simply go to Skype for Web page and sign in with your Skype credentials.
If Skype for web works, it means that the issue is related to your Skype application. To fix the issue, you should try some of our other solutions.
12. Check if your account is restricted or suspended
If you have problems signing in to Skype, the issue might be caused by your account. Sometimes your account can be temporarily restricted and suspended.
This can occur if there’s any unusual activity on your account associated with a security breach.
If you suspect that your account is blocked due to a security breach, you should contact Skype support to resolve this issue.
Skype auto sign in option can be useful, but it can also cause all sorts of problems for the users. If you’re having any issues with Skype auto sign in option on Windows 10, be sure to check some of our solutions.
If you have any other suggestions or questions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
FAQ: Learn more about Skype
- How do I fix Skype auto sign in?
If Skype won’t automatically sign in, make sure that the auto sign-in option is enabled in Skype settings.
- How do I stop Skype from auto starting?
To stop Skype from starting automatically, set go to Settings > General and disable Automatically start Skype option.
- How do you turn Skype off?
To turn Skype off, locate the Skype icon in the system tray, right-click it and choose Quit Skype from the menu.
- How do I get rid of Skype on Windows 10?
To remove Skype completely, go to Settings app > Apps. Select the version of Skype you want to remove and click the Uninstall button.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in August 2016 and has been since revamped and updated in March 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in August 2016 and was revamped and updated in November 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.