Skype’s new notification panel is now available for Insiders
Just a week ago, Microsoft bought the new design for Skype to PCs running on Linux, Windows 8.1 and below and macOS. Now, the company began introducing some new design elements for Windows 10 piece by piece instead of bringing the whole new design at once.
The new design adds the notification panel that was introduced on Android and iOS to Skype for Windows 10 and chatting will be faster as well.
It looks like Windows 10 users will still have to wait a bit until they are able to see the brand new design of Skype on their systems.
Skype changelog for Windows 10
- You will be able to stay up to date with the help of the Notification Panel, and you will also have the ability to return to your conversations quickly to see all the reactions to your messages and memos.
- Another novelty is the Instant Chat, and you will no longer have to add your friends as contacts because you will simply find them on Skype and start chatting to one of them or opening a group conversation.
- You also get the ability to express your mood during a call with the help of emoticons, reactions, photos, and text as well.
- You will be able to share your virtual world and your business with more users via the Skype video chat in Windows Mixed Reality.
Skype for Windows 10 is available for the Insiders
Although Skype for systems running Windows 10 is only available to Insiders for the moment, you can also try the new app even if you are not one of them. All you have to do is head to Microsoft’s Store and you can check it out for yourself.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- ‘Please check your network settings and try again’ Skype error
- How do I change my Skype account name?
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]