Slack Beta Windows 10 App Arrives in Windows Store
A handy communication tool, Slack, just released a beta version of its official app for Windows 10. This is the first beta version of the app, and it should give it a more traditional Windows 10 look. This beta version of Slack Windows 10 app is codenamed ‘Call Me Maybe,’ and goes by the version number of 1.9.6.
Just like the most of beta apps, Slack’s newest addition to the windows store might have some bugs or issues here and there, but that shouldn’t disrupt the user experience.
Slack Windows 10 App Features
Slack announced the app via its official page, and it also presented the main features and improvements that can be found in the first beta version of its Windows 10 app.
Check out the full list of important features:
- In our everlasting quest to prevent you from missing notifications, we now badge the taskbar icon in addition to the tray icon.
- In addition, if you’ve set the window to Always flash on notifications, we’ll keep the app in the taskbar even when the window is closed. This means the taskbar icon will stay lit up even after you’ve wandered away from your desk.
- The team sidebar has been revamped and given a fresh Windows 10 coat of paint.
- New animations when loading, logging into a team, or rearranging teams, for buttery smooth transitions.
- Performance improvements across the board, and the lag some folks were seeing when typing in the message input has been banished.
- In-app downloads have been reworked and should be 41% more reliable.
- Holding on to one too many teams? Try signing out from the sidebar, which has a new right-click menu item.
- A few improvements to reduce the number of antivirus vendors falsely detecting the app—no one likes being falsely accused.
- Improved tools for troubleshooting which should make diagnosing issues with support more pleasant and productive.
Slack is a great real-time communication tool, especially useful to the smaller group of people or huge teams who are working together, because it allows them to communicate easily. It’s something like the combination of Skype, Google Hangouts and IRC.
If you want to download and test the beta version of Slack Windows 10 app, you can do it directly from the Windows Store.
Solid State Disks or just SSD for short are the storage solutions to have if you want to speed things up with your PC. They […]