- Slack is a great collaboration tool used by millions of users worldwide.
- Recently, the app is having connection and messaging problems.
- To learn more about communication errors and handy guides , check out our dedicated Slack section.
- In the meantime, you can find many more awesome tools on this special Teamwork page.
While in the case of some users, Slack keeps disconnecting, in others the messages are not going through, or the file upload is running extremely slow.
This is not the first time when Slack has serious problems. Throughout the whole day, connection and messaging errors affected lots of users everywhere.
Here is what the Slack team had to say about this issue on Twitter:
Some users may be unable to connect to Slack, while others are seeing general performance issues. Our team continues to investigate and we will keep you posted as we know more. https://t.co/7hFKxXV7Dd
— Slack Status (@SlackStatus) October 5, 2020
Is Slack down?
Even though the application is not entirely down, there is a wide variety of issues that people are confronting as we speak.
Here are the most common issues found:
- connection problems
- messages are not being sent
- upload of files takes a long time or not completed successfully at all
- sending messages in big groups are lagging
The problems with Slack were starting to be reported this afternoon, and have been increasing constantly since then. Here is what one user had to say about this issue:
Slow to load or unresponsive in all scenarios: messages, images, website, etc
What can I do about this issue?
There isn’t anything that you can do to resolve this, as the issue is caused by problems with the Slack servers. In the meantime, you can check out this handy list with other great collaborating tools.
Make sure to try using the application later, or visit the Twitter Slack webpage for constant updates. If you encounter any other problems, be sure to let us know in the comments section below.