Star Trek Online released for Xbox One and PS4
Star Trek Online is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Cryptic Studios based on the legendary sci-fi series created by Gene Roddenberry. The game is set in the 25th century, 30 years after the events of Star Trek: Nemesis.
Star Trek Online has been available for PC gamers since February 2010, while Mac users received it four years later in March. Now, the game finally makes it way to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles.
Here are some of the key features.
- Free-to-Play – Play a triple-A MMO experience for free, from level 1 to 60. There is no box price and no mandatory subscription. Enjoy Star Trek Online as you like, when you like.
- Become part of Star Trek – In Star Trek Online, you will get to visit iconic locations from the popular Star Trek fiction, reach out to unexplored star systems, and make contact with new alien species. With Episode Missions, every moment spent playing Star Trek Online will feel like a new Star Trek episode.
- Adventure in the Final Frontier – Explore strange new worlds and seek out new life and new civilizations in a vast, expanding universe. Establish contact with new races, discover resources, and uncover mysteries that will influence Star Trek’s future.
- You Are the Captain – Travel into the depths of space, across exotic planets, and even inside starships! Partake in epic space battles and lead away teams across unknown worlds, interacting with allies and battling enemies.
- Duty Officers – Actively manage the unsung heroes of a starship and delegate assignments. Collect and trade officers with fellow captains to help a crew of legend. Earn special rewards, accolades and even advance in rank!
- Total Customization – Using Cryptic’s Total Customization technology, every ship can be customized, from color to construction. What’s more interesting is that anyone can create a unique alien species in Star Trek Online.
- Forge Your Own Strange New Worlds – With The Foundry, players can create and build brand new missions and stories to share with friends and the entire Star Trek Online community. Use the specialized toolset to create missions in space or on the ground. Craft custom missions, or really take your creativity to the next level by designing an entire series of episodes from the ground up!
Below you can see the “Star Trek Online” trailer:
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Ghostbusters Ultimate Game and Movie Bundle now available on the Xbox Store
- Star Trek Online lands on Xbox One this fall with graphic upgrades
- Elite Dangerous: Horizons comes to Xbox One June 3, Engineers expansion gets May 26 release