Valve has just released a new version of the Steam client this morning and it brings new features, as well as changes for Windows, Linux, and Mac users. We focus on what’s been improved for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users
The Steam Client for Windows 8.1 has been recently updated by Vavle with a good number of changes and new features. Besides Windows, Linux and Mac users can benefit from the changes, as well. Version 12.03.2013 of Steam, which points to the date, brings improved in-game overlay compatibility for some DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 games on Windows 8.1.
Besides this, here are some other important features made available by the latest update of the Windows 8.1 official Steam client. You can see the full list of fixes and improvements on Steam’s website.
- Let other games download while a game is running
- ‘Copy all text to clipboard’ context menu option in the System Information dialog
- Delay the download of Steam client updates until there are no games running
- Improved download rates
- Improved in-game overlay compatibility for some DX10/11 games on Windows 8.1
- Fixed hang on start-up if you had a problem connecting to the update server
- Fixed cloud sync error when re-launching game right after game exited
- Fixed base game being uninstalled in some cases if user hits ‘Cancel’ while installing additional DLC
- Fixed Auto-Cloud for files larger than 100MB
- Fixed infinite loop of Cloud sync error dialogs on game launch
- Fixed mouse cursor being visible during startup animation even if it hadn’t moved
- Fixed being able to restart Steam for an update before login
If you are looking to pin Steam game tiles to your Windows 8 start screen, you need to know that you can do it with the Steam Tile app from the Windows Store.