Number of Windows 10 Steam users declining

By: Costea Lestoc
2 minute read

Last month, reports showed that 48.95% of Steam users paired the service with Windows 10 on their computers and laptops. And more data released this month shows that the Windows 10 user base decreased a bit for the first time ever since its official launch. The latest reports about hardware and software released by Valve show that 48.90% of the users are still running Windows 10 as their system of choice, translating to a drop of 0.05%.

At the same time, 47.48% of the gamers are using the 64-bit version of the OS while 1.42% are running the 32-bit version, totaling 48.90%. Surprisingly for a lot of people, Windows 8.1 recorded an increase of 0.01%, in comparison to last month’s data, reaching 0.28%. All other versions of Windows, such as Vista, 7, XP and 8, are currently in decline and have decreased g by 0.33%. However, Windows still maintains its position as the most widely used operating system, totaling 95.38%.

On the other hand, macOS has risen by 0.25% in comparison to last month, reaching 3.59%. The 10.11.6 version of the macOS remains the most popular among its users, reaching a high of 1.69%, which also means 0.41% more than in September.

Meanwhile, Linux continues its good run with a 0.11% increase. This means it is now used by 0.94% of the Steam gamers. All its versions have shown a steady rise in their userbase.

The actual report shows little to no changes when it comes to hardware preferences compared to the data received last month. The most used system configuration is still the 8GB RAM one, together with 1GB of VRAM. The primary resolution for displays is still 1920×1080 on a single monitor, while for a multi-monitor setup it remains 3840×1080.

RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:

For various PC problems, we recommend this tool.

This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimize your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC issues now in 3 easy steps:

  1. Download this PC Repair Tool rated "Excellent" on TrustPilot.com.
  2. Click “Start Scan” to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
  3. Click “Repair All” to fix all issues with Patended Technologies (requires upgrade).

Discussions

Next up

Best Windows 10 antivirus software to use in 2018

By: Radu Tyrsina
7 minute read

Update – 2018 will soon come to an end and we already have a guide on what is the best antivirus you should get in […]

Continue Reading

These features are out for good with Windows 10 version 1809

iamsovy@gmail.com' By: Sovan Mandal
2 minute read

Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]

Continue Reading

Windows 10 18H2 builds no longer receive new features

By: Matthew Adams
3 minute read

The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]

Continue Reading