Stream Xbox One on Beam: step by step guide
Microsoft has acquired Beam, an innovative and interactive live-streaming service that allows viewers to watch and play along with their favorite game streamers in real-time. Today, we will teach you how to stream content from your Xbox One on Beam.
Streaming On Beam via OBS
- On the Beam dashboard, you will have to select “HUB” from the sidebar menu that’s located on the right side of the screen
- Once the new window opens, select “Setup stream”
- When asked how you want to stream, select “RTMP”
- Based on your location and latency, the application will select the best server for you, but you can also change it if you want
- After you select the server, you will need to copy your stream key from the highlighted box
- That’s all you have to do on the Beam website, but you’re not finished yet: Open the broadcasting software (OBS Studio) and select Settings->Stream tab
- Finally, choose beam.pro service and paste the stream key that you’ve copied from the Beam dashboard.
Streaming On Beam via XSplit
If you don’t like OBS and you prefer to use XSplit to stream on Beam, then don’t worry because we have this covered also.
- Open the XSplit Broadcaster, select “Extensions->Get More Extensions”
- In the Plugin Store you will have to select “Show Outputs” option
- Here you will need to select “Beam”
- In order to add Beam chat you will have to select “Show Sources” in the Plugin Store and choose “Beam Chat Viewer”.
Now that you have added Beam support on XSplit, you will just need to do the followings:
- Open XSplit Broadcaster
- Select “Set New Output” and choose “Beam” and in the window that shows up you will need to click on “Authorize”
- You will now have to log into your Beam account, go to the Outputs menu and click on the “settings cog” that’s located next to your Beam account
- A settings menu will appear where you will be able to customize your output, including name, video and audio bitrate and more.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to setup and use Miracast on Windows 10 PC
- Xbox One Preview’s latest update packs bug fixes and improvements
- Xbox One available with a glimpse of Gamerscore leaderboard
Microsoft is working on improving old technologies and adapt them for the future. In a new Patent Application, the Redmond giant is describing the use […]
If you can’t wait until September to play Gears of War 5, then prepare your mobile device because now you can play Gears Pop!. Microsoft […]
Devices and drivers are crucial parts of your PC and your operating system. So, they need to run smoothly. But this is not always the […]