Surface 3 new firmware update improves Wi-Fi and camera stability
Microsoft unveiled its Surface 3, a 2-in-1 tablet, back in March 31, 2015. This device hit the stores on May 5, 2015 and it seems it sold pretty well. The Surface 3 has been released with an x86 Intel Atom system-on-chip (SoC) architecture, while its predecessor, the Surface 2, came with ARM architecture (NVIDIA Tegra).
The Surface 3 runs on Windows 10 and Microsoft has just released a new firmware update for this device. First of all, you should know that this firmware update came with improvements to the device’s proximity sensor for Wi-Fi and broadband connections. In addition, the Surface 3 has received some improvements to the Surface Pen Settings, the camera, UEFI and more.
Surface 3 Firmware Update: Change log
- Surface System Aggregator Firmware: v1.0.52500.0 improves the proximity sensor for mobile broadband and Wi-Fi connections;
- Surface UEFI: v1.51116.178.0 brings commercial UEFI features, but it also improves the stability of the on-screen keyboard;
- Surface Pen Settings: v12.0.303.1 comes with improvements to the stability of the pen settings and also prepares it for the Windows 10 Anniversary Update;
- Intel(R) AVStream Camera: v21.10586.6053.549 comes with improvements for the stability of the camera;
- Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor 2401: v21.10586.6053.549 is improving the stability of the camera;
- Microsoft Camera Front: v21.10586.6053.549 is improving the stability of the camera;
- Microsoft Camera Rear: v21.10586.6053.549 is improving the stability of the camera;
- Surface Platform Power Driver: v18.104.22.168 is improving battery charging.
You can get the Surface 3 firmware update by heading to your device’s Settings >Update & Security. Once the installation is complete, you will notice all improvements that we’ve mentioned above.
Have you updated your Surface 3 yet? Tell us your thoughts about the latest firmware for the Surface 3 in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Refurbished Microsoft Surface 3 tablet discounted to $379.99
- Microsoft rolls out April update for Surface 3 for better mobile broadband stability
- Surface 3 is on its final legs: Microsoft to end its life by 2017
Installing Android drivers on a PC should be a walk in a park. You connect your handset with the PC via the USB cable and, […]
Do you have NOX installed on your PC? Are you experiencing any form of lag while running it? This article is specially designed for you! […]
Do you have ExpressVPN installed on your PC? Do you encounter connection problems after an update? This guide will help you out. Here, we’ll be […]