Surface Book, Surface Pro 4 get Intel updates for power management
Intel has released three drive updates addressing some annoying power management issues in the Surface Book and Surface Pro 4. More specifically, the updates focus on power state transitions and their rechargeable batteries.
The three updates are listed below:
- Intel driver update for Intel Xeon E3 – 1200/1500 v5 6th Gen Intel Core Gaussian Mixture Model – 1911
- Intel driver update for Intel 100 Series Chipset Family SMBUS – 9D23
- Intel driver update for Intel 100 Series Chipset Family PMC – 9D21
For some users, the updates take place automatically while others will have to manually select them. To check whether the updates have already been installed on your device, go to your update history. If the updates have not been downloaded, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows update > Check for updates.
These updates come in very handy since many users have complained about the sleep mode feature on their Surface devices, with their devices entering sleep mode but with the battery draining extremely fast. Microsoft has acknowledged the problem and issued an apology back in December:
For those of you who’ve had a less-than-perfect experience, we’re sorry for any frustration this has caused. Please know that we’re reading your comments and hearing you loud and clear. Your input is incredibly valuable in helping us address your questions with timely updates and fixes.
Microsoft most likely asked Intel to roll an update out to fix the battery and power issues users had described and today we see the result. However, it seems the updates for Microsoft’s Pro devices tend to land a bit late. Taking into account their high price, the tech giant should step on the gas when a group of users report the same issues.
These three updates come after a previous Microsoft update addressing charging issues in Surface 3.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 vs. Apple’s new iPad Pro: the battle for the ultimate PC replacement
- Microsoft Releases Updated, More Powerful Variants of Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book
- Microsoft Working on a Fix for Battery Drain on Surface Pro 4, Surface Book
- Battery Drain on Surface Pro 4 Said to be Linked to an Irregular Sleep Mode
Microsoft just released cumulative update KB4491101 for those who are running Windows 10 V1507 (RTM version). The update is just restricted to the users of Windows 10 […]
It is certainly annoying to face issues in your system when you have to finish off the most important task that has been assigned by […]