Latest Surface Book update improves system stability, reduces false touch events
Microsoft recently rolled out a new update for the Surface Book, aimed at improving the overall system stability. The update also reduces the number of false touch events when the device is closed.
This is a very useful improvement indeed because it prevents useless battery drain. When users quickly close their Surface Book devices, it is possible that the devices accidentally turns on when users put them in a laptop bag.
Surface Book update content
- Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Precise Touch Device: Intel(R) Precise Touch Device v220.127.116.11 reduces false touch events when the device is closed.
- NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GPU v18.104.22.16861 improves system stability.
- Microsoft driver update for Surface UEFI: Surface UEFI v90.1380.768.0 improves system stability.
Surface Book updates are installed automatically through Windows Update. Updates are cumulative, which means that when you install the latest update, you’ll also get all the previous updates if your Surface device doesn’t have them already.
To install updates manually follow the steps listed below:
- Go to Start > select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update
- Select Check for updates. Install any available updates.
- Select Restart now if prompted.
As a quick reminder, firmware updates cannot be uninstalled or reverted to an earlier version. Windows updates are delivered in stages to Surface customers. In other words, not all Surface devices will receive the update at the same time. If the November update for the Surface Book is not available yet for your device, you can manually check Windows Update later.
It is worth mentioning that the latest Surface Book update causes restart loop problems, according to user reports:
My surface book keeps rebooting after a firmware upgrade, even if I try with power button and volume up nothing happens. just the surface logo with progress bar, once 100% then rebooting. cannot teach uefi page too.
Have you installed the November update on your Surface Book? Did you encounter any issues after installing it?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- New Surface Book model emerges, more storage bang for your buck
- Surface Book i7 boasts 16 hours of battery life, 2x graphics performance
- Buy refurbished Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book devices to save money
Blu-ray is, without doubt, the most powerful video content hub today, which is a marked improvement to the preceding DVD medium. However, its convenience of […]
Microsoft PowerPoint presentations usually contain important, sometimes classified, documents. Hence, most people tend to password-protect such documents against unauthorized access. However, what happens if you […]
The reception desk is the face and voice of any organization. An automated receptionist software simplifies the entire process of visitor management. Whether it’s the customer, […]