Latest Surface Book update improves system stability, reduces false touch events
Microsoft recently rolled out a new update for the Surface Book, aimed at improving the overall system stability. The update also reduces the number of false touch events when the device is closed.
This is a very useful improvement indeed because it prevents useless battery drain. When users quickly close their Surface Book devices, it is possible that the devices accidentally turns on when users put them in a laptop bag.
Surface Book update content
- Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Precise Touch Device: Intel(R) Precise Touch Device v22.214.171.124 reduces false touch events when the device is closed.
- NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GPU v126.96.36.19961 improves system stability.
- Microsoft driver update for Surface UEFI: Surface UEFI v90.1380.768.0 improves system stability.
Surface Book updates are installed automatically through Windows Update. Updates are cumulative, which means that when you install the latest update, you’ll also get all the previous updates if your Surface device doesn’t have them already.
To install updates manually follow the steps listed below:
- Go to Start > select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update
- Select Check for updates. Install any available updates.
- Select Restart now if prompted.
As a quick reminder, firmware updates cannot be uninstalled or reverted to an earlier version. Windows updates are delivered in stages to Surface customers. In other words, not all Surface devices will receive the update at the same time. If the November update for the Surface Book is not available yet for your device, you can manually check Windows Update later.
It is worth mentioning that the latest Surface Book update causes restart loop problems, according to user reports:
My surface book keeps rebooting after a firmware upgrade, even if I try with power button and volume up nothing happens. just the surface logo with progress bar, once 100% then rebooting. cannot teach uefi page too.
Have you installed the November update on your Surface Book? Did you encounter any issues after installing it?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- New Surface Book model emerges, more storage bang for your buck
- Surface Book i7 boasts 16 hours of battery life, 2x graphics performance
- Buy refurbished Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book devices to save money
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]