- Microsoft is slowly delivering firmware updates for Surface Book 2 and Surface Go.
- The updates solve specific hardware stability and system security issues affecting Surface devices.
- Visit the News page to learn more.
- Don't forget to check out our Microsoft Surface hub for guides, fixes, and insights.
Surface Book 2 and Surface Go have their successors already. But the latest Surface firmware updates are an indication that the laptops are not ready to retire yet.
Starting May 15, Microsoft is pushing fixes targeted at system graphics and security for all Surface devices.
Downloading Surface firmware updates
With the Surface Book 2 update, improvements are available for components like:
- Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth
- Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller – Network adapters
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 – Display adapters
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 – Display adapters
On the other hand, Surface Go fixes target various systems, including:
- Intel(R) HD Graphics – Graphics adapters
- Surface ME – Firmware
- Intel(R) Management Engine Interface – System
You do not have to do anything to get the fixes aimed at your Surface hardware. Microsoft is gradually releasing them, so you will receive them at some point.
You can still download them right away.
The only condition is that these updates are for Surface devices on Windows 10 1809 or later versions.
Also, Microsoft advises users to keep their gadgets connected to a power source throughout the update process.
Plug your Surface into an outlet, and make sure your Surface is charged to at least 40 percent before installing updates. Keep your Surface plugged in and turned on while it’s updating.
Surface Book 3 and Surface Go 2 laptops launched recently.
Surface Book 2 and its successor share a lot of similarities, just in case you wish to compare. For instance, both are available in 13.5” and 15” screen sizes.
Things like connectivity ports and cameras are the same for these devices too.
The main difference comes in aspects like 10th gen Intel chips and NVDIA graphics, with Surface Book 3 sporting the latest of these technologies.
Surface Go 2 boasts several enhancements too, including a larger 10.5-inch display. It comes with faster WiFi 6 connectivity, the option of a more powerful Intel Core m3 chip, and a better camera.
If you have any questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.