Microsoft recently rolled a new firmware update for its Surface Pro 3 devices almost three months after releasing the previous one. This update focuses on fixing annoying display flickering issues as well as improving keyboard response and battery life during sleep mode.
The update comes at the right time. Lately, Microsoft has been heavily criticized because of the high price tag for its Surface Pro 3 replacement batteries, with users complaining about the $500 they have to pay to get a new battery for their Surface Pro 3 devices.
This update should improve your Surface Pro 3’s battery life but in the case you’re still experiencing battery issues, you can follow the steps described in our fix article to solve this problem.
Here are the fixes and improvements this update brings:
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware: v3.9.850.0 increases battery life during sleep mode and improves keyboard stability.
- Surface Pro UEFI: v3.11.1450.0 improves system sleep and hibernation behavior when battery level is low.
- Surface Fingerprint Sensor: v18.104.22.168 improves fingerprint touch stability coming out of sleep.
- Intel(R) HD Graphics Family: v10.18.14.4414 addresses cases of display flickering.
- Surface Pro 4 Type Cover Integration: v1.1.359.0 increases keyboard reliability coming out of reboot.
- Surface Type Cover Integration: v1.1.362.0 refined Surface Pro 4 Keyboard experience on a Surface Pro 3.
- Surface Type Cover Filter: v1.1.388.0 refined Surface Pro 4 Keyboard experience on a Surface Pro 3.
- Realtek High Definition Audio: v22.214.171.12442 improves the audio quality for the JAWS screen reader.
- Surface Accessory Firmware Update: v1.1.382.0 refined Surface Pro 4 Keyboard experience on a Surface Pro 3.
- Surface Keyboard Backlight: v1.1.365.0 refined Surface Pro 4 Keyboard experience on a Surface Pro 3.
Check out your device’s update history to see if the current firmware has already been installed. If it isn’t, go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > select Check for updates.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Quick Fix for Surface Pro 3 Issues After Firmware Update
- Windows 10 build fixes Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 BSOD issues
- Why Microsoft might delay the Surface Pro 5 to 2017