There’s great news for users of the Microsoft’s Surface Pro 3 hybrid device: The model was the recipient of an overnight, unannounced firmware update which brings some improvements to the overall functionality of the tablet.
While not expected and still yet to be documented, Surface Pro 3 users rejoice at the sight of a new update even if nothing grand is waiting inside. That being said, the improvements brought by this update are important nonetheless, so let’s go over them and see what has been gifted.
- An update has been pushed for the device’s Intel Display Audio feature which has now been bumped to version 6.16.00.3917. This improves the overall performance of the feature in applications such as Miracast. But also boosts the video performance during docked video playback.
- An update has been also applied to the Intel HD Graphics Family feature, which has now reached build 18.104.22.16868. Miracast and docked video were still the affected features, thus getting the benefits of two improvements.
- Last but not least, we have an update to version 3.11.2050.0 to the device’s UEFI. The Surface Pro UEFI update will strengthen the stability and performance of Windows in its latest variants on Surface Pro 3 devices.
The subtle Surface Pro 3 update manages to bring some nice enhancements to the table and while there’s nothing flashy that will stand out, performance will see a slight bump.
To install the latest Surface Pro 3 update on your device, go to Settings> Update & Security > Windows Update and check for updates. To make sure that the update has been installed, go to Windows Update and check the Update History.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Surface 3 is on its final legs: Microsoft to end its life by 2017
- Pro 4, Surface Book and Surface 3 updated to fix power issues
- Microsoft offering refunds for Surface Pro 3 battery warranty charges