Last Friday, Microsoft released a new firmware update for the Surface Pro 4 but did not publish the corresponding changelog until now, describing the latest changes and improvements in detail.
Surface Pro 4 firmware update changelog
- Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. driver update for Marvell ACASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter – a few changes have been implemented to meet the EU regulatory requirements.
- Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 540 – display adapters for improved power performance
- Microsoft driver update for Surface Embedded Controller Firmware – the firmware improves the system’s stability
- Surface driver update for Surface Management Engine – the firmware improved the system’s stability
- Surface driver update for Surface UEFI – the firmware improves the Wi-Fi performance when waking from sleep
- Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. driver update for Marvell ACASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller – changes have been implemented to meet EU regulatory requirements
- Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller – the video performance is improved in some apps
- Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED – the video performance is improved in some apps
- Microsoft driver update for Surface Accessory Device – system’s stability is improved
- Microsoft driver update for Surface Pen Pairing – now, the Surface Pen is enabled simple pairing and features
- Microsoft driver update for Surface Integration – the battery life has been improved, and the adaptive brightness feature has also been enhanced
The list of updates is long for this aging device, so it’s surprising that Microsoft keeps updating the Surface Pro 4 this frequently. As a quick reminder, the device already received new firmware for the new Type Covers just a little while ago.
All the updates are installed automatically through Windows Update. Remember that updates are cumulative and when you install the latest one, you will also get all the previous ones as well.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- The Surface Pro 4 should now have a much better battery life
- Protect your Microsoft Surface Pro 4 with this UAG military grade case
- Microsoft guarantees a Surface Pro 4 refresh
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.