Surface Pro 4 driver update brings support for Surface Dial
It’s time for some new driver updates for the Surface Pro 4. Microsoft just released the latest update for the device, and it’s pretty consistent and useful. The best features included in the update are probably the fact that it enables on-screen support for the Surface Dial and it also improves touch accuracy.
There are also new drivers targeting Surface Dial Filer, Surface Dial Detection, Surface Digitizer Integration, Surface Touch Servicing ML, and Surface Touch. From now on, you’ll get to enjoy something that was not possible before: after you install the latest update, put the Surface Dial on the screen and sit back and enjoy how a color picker or ruler pops on your screen.
Here’s the complete list of new features included in the update
- Surface Dial Detection v18.104.22.168 allows on-screen support for Surface Dial.
- Surface Dial Filter v22.214.171.124 allows on-screen support for Surface Dial.
- Surface Digitizer Integration v2.0.313.0 allows on-screen support for Surface Dial.
- Surface Touch v126.96.36.199 allows on-screen support for Surface Dial and brings improvements for touch accuracy.
- Surface Touch Servicing ML v1.0.821.0 enables on-screen support for Surface Dial, and it enhances touch accuracy.
You can head to Microsoft’s official website to download the update. The firmware and driver package includes drivers for all the components of the Surface Pro 4 and also the updates to the system firmware that have been launched via Windows Update.
The drivers and firmware are compatible with Windows 10 and the Enterprise versions as well. In the driver MSI and ZIP you’ll find all the firmware and drivers necessary to deploy custom images of Windows on your Surface devices. The WinTab driver is targeted mostly at professionals who need WinTab compatibility with specific apps that use the Surface Pen. You’ll find all the info you need on Microsoft’s website.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- The best Surface Dial alternatives to buy today
- How to disable Ultimate Performance Plan in Windows 10 SCU
- FIX: Surface Pen won’t work with Surface Pro 4
Firefox has announced that it will start to warn users if they visit any breached sites. This is in an attempt to not only make […]
Oh dear. It’s been a pretty bad month for Microsoft concerning its Windows 10 October 1809 Update release. Microsoft eventually released the update a couple […]
Yesterday, Microsoft released Visual Studio 15.9. With it came the announcement that “developers now have the officially supported SDK and tools for creating 64-bit ARM […]