Update to the latest Surface Studio Drivers now
After the notification that was received by consumers who pre-ordered the new from Panos Panay, about their own personal support line being available; they received their brand new devices early as Microsoft Studiobegan shipping the hardware ahead of schedule.
If you are interested, you can order the Surface Studio here from the Microsoft Store.
For users who don’t know, there is a dedicated page set up my Microsoft, just Surface Studio Updates. It is to list the various driver and firmware updates as they are released for the new hardware. But there’s more.
Have you recently paid a visit to Microsoft’s Download Centre? If yes, you would have spotted that the latest Surface Studio drivers and firmware are now up for download.
Microsoft has released the download link for the December 2016 cumulative firmware and drivers pack . That are not just compatible with its Surface Studio device, but also installs new driver versions. Microsoft claims them to enhance the unit’s overall system performance.
If you plan on getting this upgrade, there a few things your should know. Either the update will commence automatically via Microsoft’s Windows Update service. Or, either manually, by downloading and installation the package. Though we all would want the first one to work. But unfortunately, not all Surface owners will receive this new firmware at the same time as the producer provides every new update in stages. So some of you might need to wait for this December 2016 release to reach your system.
Moreover, be sure to reboot your device manually (if not requested automatically). That would ensure all changes take effect properly.
It is not a necessity though. You can still get your Surface Studio up and running as soon as you get without having to install it. But it will probably be a safe move to have these downloaded as backups. Just in case you need them.
That being said, download Microsoft Surface Studio Firmware December 2016, and let us know in the comments how did it work out for you.
Here’s the list of all drivers that are available:
Drivers available for download;
- Surface Embedded Controller Firmware (v117.1288.257.0)
- Surface Management Engine (v220.127.116.113)
- a Surface Touch (v18.104.22.168)
- Surface UEFI (v117.1281.768.0)
- Intel(R) Xeon(R) E3 – 1200/1500 v5/6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) PCIe Controller (x16) (v10.1.1.33)
- Intel(R) Xeon(R) E3 – 1200/1500 v5/6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) Host Bridge/DRAM Registers (v10.1.1.33)
- Intel(R) Xeon(R) E3 – 1200/1500 v5/6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) Gaussian Mixture Model (v10.1.1.33)
- Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I219-LM (v22.214.171.124)
- Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller (v126.96.36.1991)
- Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED (v188.8.131.521)
- Intel Chipset SATA RAID Controller (v184.108.40.2061)
- Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family SMBus (v10.1.1.33)
- Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family Thermal subsystem (v10.1.1.33)
- Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows (v220.127.116.11)
- NVIDIA High Definition Audio (v18.104.22.168)
- a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M (v22.214.171.12410)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M (v126.96.36.19910)
- Realtek High Definition Audio(SST) (v188.8.131.5237)
- Realtek I2S Amp Device (v10.0.10586.16)
- Surface IR Camera (v184.108.40.206)
- Surface Dial Filter (v220.127.116.11)
- a Surface Display (v18.104.22.168)
- Surface Display Color (v22.214.171.124)
- a Surface Integration (v126.96.36.199)
- Surface Keyboard Firmware Update (v188.8.131.52)
- a Surface Keyboard Integration (v184.108.40.206)
- Surface Mouse Firmware Update (v220.127.116.11)
- a Surface Mouse Integration (v18.104.22.168)
- Surface Storage Firmware Update (RAID) (v1.1.722.0)
- Microsoft LifeCam Front (v5.20.1034.1)
- Intel(R) Management Engine Interface (v22.214.171.1249)
- Intel(R) Serial IO GPIO Host Controller v30.63.1620.3)
- Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Host Controller (v30.63.1620.3)
- Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter (v15.68.9048.83)
- Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller (v15.68.9048.83)
- Maxim Power Meter (v126.96.36.199)
- Surface Accessory Firmware Update (v1.1.382.0)
- a Surface Button (v1.1.662.0)
- Surface Digitizer Integration (v188.8.131.52)
- Surface Pen (v1.1.352.0)
- a Surface Pen Click Filter (v184.108.40.206)
- Surface Pen Settings (v12.0.307.0)
- Surface Pen Integration (v1.1.359.0)
- a Surface Pen Pairing (v220.127.116.11)
- Surface Integration Service Device (v18.104.22.168)
- Surface Software Servicing (v22.214.171.124)
Game stuttering is the irregular delays between GPU frames that can have a notable impact on gameplay. A game that stutters will feel slow, or […]
Facebook is reportedly maintaining a list of user data taken directly from their accounts. You might be surprised to know that Facebook’s ex-employees and existing […]