- Microsoft has released firmware updates for two Surface devices.
- These improve the audio and graphics quality in both models.
- Visit our Microsoft Hub to stay in touch with more related news, releases, and events.
- If you're looking for laptop recommendations, our Laptop section might give you some hints.
Microsoft released a list of notable updates for its Surface Laptop 3 and Surface Book 2 devices that fix USB Type-C connectivity issues and bring several graphics and audio improvements.
In both cases, the updates apply to devices running Windows 10 May 2019 Update, version 1903, or greater.
Enhanced graphics and audio for your Surface device
The list of updates includes the following:
- Fixing USB- type C connection conflict that can affect keyboard functionality.
- Improving audio performance while streaming content.
- Improving the device color profile performance.
- Improving graphics performance and the display resolution through 3rd party docks.
Users can apply these updates by heading to their settings menu and initiating the download, then restarting their device.
However, since updates are rolling out, some users might only see them in a few days or weeks.
On the other hand, once installed, these updates can’t be rolled back to a previous version.
While Surface Laptop 3 is the latest model in its line, the Surface Book line already has a new member since spring 2020 – Surface Book 3.
But until you try out this newcomer, firmware updates will ensure you get the best of your current device.
Have you installed them already?