TeamViewer was recently upgraded to version 11, and the biggest new feature was the full support that was released for Windows 10 users. Now the software has received another fresh update which has brought many fixes and new features. So here are all the new features and changes:
- Option to receive ‘insider builds’ is now available
- Added notification with unread conversation count in chat icon of Computers & Contacts list
- Improved hover behavior in the toolbar
- ‘Computer sounds’ checkbox in the toolbar is now in ‘Communicate’ menu
- Fixed a bug that sometimes made the screen flicker on Windows 10
- Fixed some bugs which caused crashes during a file transfer session
- Fixed a bug which caused the sound to be broken when converting recorded sessions from .tvs to avi
- Fixed a bug which caused missing or double messages in chat conversations
- Fixed a bug that cameras weren’t identified after update
Obviously, TeamViewer for Windows users has been update with other minor improvements and fixes and various other issues which caused crashes have been taken care of, as well.
The most interesting new feature, in my opinion, is the option to receive insider builds. These days, ‘insider builds’ has been associated with Windows 10, but it actually refers to heavy users of TeamViewer who want to get early access to an upcoming new version.
The new notification which shows unread conversation count in the chat icon of Computers & Contacts list is also quite nice, and its absence has been annoying many.
Furthermore, Windows 10 users will be happy to hear that the screen flicker issue has been taken care of, at least what concerns TeamViewer. Various other bugs have been taking care off, relating to crashing during a file transfer session, broken sound when converting recorded sessions, missing or double messages and problems with cameras.
If you are a Windows user and also rely on TeamViewer a lot, then make sure you bookmark our download page where we keep track of its latest version.