Telstra offering 200GB of free Microsoft OneDrive Storage to its customers
In November 2015, Microsoft announced that starting from July 27, 2016 it would change its OneDrive Cloud storage service by reducing the allotted storage to just 5GB and removing the free 15GB camera roll bonus.
As a result, more and more OneDrive users are seeking other ways to store their files online without having to pay for the service. Well, it seems that Telstra has decided to bring some good news to these users. According to the Australian telecom giant, the company will offer 200GB of freeOneDrive storage for all new and existing customers with monthly or pre-paid mobile services, home broadband connections, or mobile broadband plans.
Telstra also explained how their customers will be able to get the 200GB free OneDrive storage. If you are a Telstra customer, follow these steps:
- First of all, you will need to log into this page;
- You will need a Telstra ID in order for the company to see if you are eligible to redeem this offer;
- If you don’t have a Telstra ID, you will be able to create one by using the “sign-up” process;
- You will also need a Microsoft account as it will be used to access and manage your OneDrive storage.
We’re not sure why Microsoft decided to so drastically cut the OneDrive cloud storage capacity for users who are not paying for this service. With so many companies offering cloud storage for free, Microsoft will only lose out because users will prefer other cloud services that offer more storage for free.
If you still want to stick to Microsoft’s OneDrive cloud storage but the 5GB are not enough for your needs, the good news is that you can increase the storage capacity from 5GB to 15GB using referrals.
Are you using OneDrive cloud storage? What other cloud storage services do you think are more advantageous? Are you planning to leave OneDrive?
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Telstra Offering its Customers 200GB of Free Microsoft OneDrive Storage
- OneDrive now lets you speed up large file uploads on Windows 10
- OneDrive for Business update brings new features and improvements
“A picture is worth a thousand words” is a popular English idiom and the quote perfectly describes digital marketing or marketing strategies in general that […]
While the winter arrives with the joy of Christmas, it also brings the freezing weather along. Of course, there’s the fireplace to warm you up, […]
Recent comments on Reddit would suggest that Microsoft is still not playing the game when it comes to collecting data on its users. This is […]