The Guardian app for Windows 10 fixes crashing issues, enjoys good reviews
The Guardian is one of the biggest newspapers in the UK, enjoying a prominent online readership across the entire world, as well. The publication released its own app a while back on the Windows Store, and now is releasing an important update.
The Guardian gets better for Windows 10 users
While The Guardian has had an official app on the Windows Store for some time, only recently have they released one that’s built for Windows 10. Version 184.108.40.206 comes in at around 4MB, a clue to the absence of any new features.
However, while this update is quite small, it shouldn’t be ignored: it allegedly fixes crashing issues — and we know how annoying those can be. The changelog also lists “extra logging” has been added, as well. If you’ve been reading The Guardian on your Windows 10 PC, tablet, or mobile device, it should now operate faster and be more stable. If you’re still not running the app, here are its main features:
- Specially crafted for Windows 10, this app brings you breaking news and full access to the Guardian’s award-winning content. With automatic caching, you can keep reading even when you’re offline.
- Stay up to date with live news and sport.
- Enjoy the full range of Guardian content, beautifully designed for Windows 10 phones, tablets, and desktops.
- Read offline, wherever you are.
- Browse award-winning audio, video and interactive content, as well as full-screen galleries – with stunning high-resolution images.
- Search by keyword, topic, series, section, or contributor.
Go ahead and download the app and let us know what you think of it. The Guardian is well received on the Windows Store, with a current rating of 4.6. If it keeps improving its app like this, even more users will leave positive feedback.
As an alternative, have a look at the Daily Mail app for Windows 10, too, sporting recently added Continuum support. And if you’re interested in more news app, we have an entire collection of apps at your disposal.
What Android emulator is the best for my Windows PC? Bluestacks MeMu Nox Remix OS Player Droid4X AMIDuOS Windroy Genymotion Xamarin Android Player Andy We’re […]
Recently, a security researcher @SandboxEscaper disclosed in a tweet which has been deleted (the account also has been removed), that the task scheduler is vulnerable […]
Microsoft may be developing a new wireless charging system called “Ultrafast’” for its devices, if a newly discovered patent gets approved for mass production. This […]