The latest Surface Pro 3 firmware update adds support for Surface Pro Type Cover
The Surface Pro 3 recently received a series of new driver updates aimed at improving support for the Surface Pro Type Cover.
The updates are available for the devices running Windows 10 Anniversary Update or the Creators Update.
As stated above, the changes include support for the new Surface Pro Signature Type Covers and the Surface Pro Type Cover.
Surface Pro 3 firmware update changelog:
- The Surface Smart Cover Backlight System device, version 18.104.22.168. enables support for the Surface Pro Type Cover and the Surface Pro Signature Covers.
- The Surface PTP Filter HID version22.214.171.124 makes support available for the Surface Pro Type Cover and the Surface Pro Signature Covers.
- The Surface Fingerprint Sensor Driver Biometric device, version 126.96.36.199 provides support for the Surface Pro Type Cover and the Surface Pro Signature Covers.
- The Surface Pro Type Cover Integration HID version 188.8.131.52 provides support for the Surface Pro Type Cover and the Surface Pro Signature Covers.
- The Surface Type Cover Filter Keyboard version 1.1.504.0 offers support for the Surface Pro Type Cover and the Surface Pro Signature Covers.
The updates improve compatibility, and they will not affect reliability, security, performance, connectivity, or battery life under any circumstance. The firmware and these drivers are all compatible with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 including the Enterprise versions.
You can get the updates from Microsoft’s official page, and the ZIP allows you to install or deploy individual drivers selectively. The MSI will install all necessary drivers automatically. Another important thing is that the WinTab driver is provided for pros who need WinTab compatibility with certain Surface Pen apps.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Surface Pro 3’s latest firmware update improves battery life
- Microsoft prepares Surface Pro 3 for Creators Update with USB 3.0 update
- Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3 fail to update to new builds: How to fix this
Installing Android drivers on a PC should be a walk in a park. You connect your handset with the PC via the USB cable and, […]
Do you have NOX installed on your PC? Are you experiencing any form of lag while running it? This article is specially designed for you! […]
Do you have ExpressVPN installed on your PC? Do you encounter connection problems after an update? This guide will help you out. Here, we’ll be […]