The latest Surface Pro 3 firmware update adds support for Surface Pro Type Cover
The Surface Pro 3 recently received a series of new driver updates aimed at improving support for the Surface Pro Type Cover.
The updates are available for the devices running Windows 10 Anniversary Update or the Creators Update.
As stated above, the changes include support for the new Surface Pro Signature Type Covers and the Surface Pro Type Cover.
Surface Pro 3 firmware update changelog:
- The Surface Smart Cover Backlight System device, version 184.108.40.206. enables support for the Surface Pro Type Cover and the Surface Pro Signature Covers.
- The Surface PTP Filter HID version220.127.116.11 makes support available for the Surface Pro Type Cover and the Surface Pro Signature Covers.
- The Surface Fingerprint Sensor Driver Biometric device, version 18.104.22.168 provides support for the Surface Pro Type Cover and the Surface Pro Signature Covers.
- The Surface Pro Type Cover Integration HID version 22.214.171.124 provides support for the Surface Pro Type Cover and the Surface Pro Signature Covers.
- The Surface Type Cover Filter Keyboard version 1.1.504.0 offers support for the Surface Pro Type Cover and the Surface Pro Signature Covers.
The updates improve compatibility, and they will not affect reliability, security, performance, connectivity, or battery life under any circumstance. The firmware and these drivers are all compatible with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 including the Enterprise versions.
You can get the updates from Microsoft’s official page, and the ZIP allows you to install or deploy individual drivers selectively. The MSI will install all necessary drivers automatically. Another important thing is that the WinTab driver is provided for pros who need WinTab compatibility with certain Surface Pen apps.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Surface Pro 3’s latest firmware update improves battery life
- Microsoft prepares Surface Pro 3 for Creators Update with USB 3.0 update
- Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3 fail to update to new builds: How to fix this
A number of users have reported encountering this error message A fatal error occurred from Citrix Receiver, on Windows 10. The reasons for this error […]
Windows 10 is an amazing platform, but sometimes you won’t be able to access certain files due to PC has blocked access to this file error. […]
Being one of the most popular brands of embroidery machines on the market, Brother is an incredibly user-friendly machine that can give you the possibility […]