There are plenty of weather apps in the Windows Store, such as The Weather App, AccuWeather, WeatherFlow, MeteoEarth and others. The Weather Channel is also amongst them, and now it’s fully compatible with Windows 10.
The official The Weather Channel app has recently been updated for Windows 10 users with a couple of new features. Thus, it becomes one of the best weather apps that you can download and use on your Windows 10 device, be it desktop or mobile.
The most recent version brings important new features, such as push alerts, new maps and a totally revamped structure for Windows 10 devices. Here’s how the official changelog looks like
Customizable push alerts
- Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with notifications of severe weather from your national weather service and know when the next big storm is going to impact your area (USA and Western Europe only)
- Rain Alerts: Never get caught in the rain again with real-time alerts for your GPS location and morning rain reports for your favourite Locations
- Pollen Alerts: Know the pollen counts near you (US and UK only). It’s easy and free
With the new interactive map features you can do the following in Windows 10:
- Touch anywhere on the map to see precise weather conditions for that exact Location
- Show your saved locations on the map
- Tilt the road map for a different perspective
- Zoom out to see global weather
And, as we were saying, the app has been optimized for all devices that run Windows 10. The Weather Channel claims that its app works on any device that runs Windows 10, from your mobile phone to your laptop.
However, at the moment, the app has an average customer rating of only 3.9, and it is from quite many users – more than 66 thousands. But this new version is bound to improve its rating, so if you’re on Windows 10, go ahead and give it a try to see how it works.