Total Commander for Windows 8, 10 gets Needed Improvements
Total Commander is one of the most used Orthodox File Manager (OFM) for Windows 8 and it comes with built-in FTP client, tabbed interface, file compare, archive file navigation, and a versatile multi-rename tool with regular expression support. Now, it has received an improvement that adds new feature.
The latest version of Total Commander for Windows 8, 8.50 beta 11 is now available and brings quite a lot of improvements (download link at the end of the article). This is still a beta version, so for regular use, you are recommended to still use the previous version of Total Commander 8.01. If you are new to the Total Commander software, you should know that it is a file manager replacement with a host of other features.
Total Commander offers multiple language support, search, file comparison, directory synchronization, quick view panel with bitmap display, ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling plus plugins, built-in FTP client with FXP, HTTP proxy support, and more.
The number of changes is quite big, but we’re going to highlight only the most important changes below:
- Bug fix that was affecting the My Computer and This PC screens, users are recommended to “make sure the drives are shown at the beginning of the list, especially on Windows 8.1 where the list was mixed.”
- Bug fix that was causing the RAR packer to work incorrectly
- New feature: slow down copying in background while reading directory
- Bug fix: Drag&Drop to external program from search result not working if the path of one file was c:pathname and the other c:pathname2 (32/64)
- New feature: Set current monitor (same as the one TC is on) when opening file with ENTER – only has an effect on programs which start with default window position (32/64)
- Bug fix: Scroll wheel not working in print preview (Files – Print – File list) (64)
Using speech instead of typing has more than one advantage. Lots of users strongly prefer dictation and, even though it’s still unbrushed feature, it’s getting […]
KB4487044 brought quite a few quality improvements to Windows 10. It has basically addressed numerous bugs that existed in the previous versions of the operating system. […]
Distribution list or contacts list is an important shortcut allowing Outlook users to send email to multiple recipients without adding contacts individually. However, some users […]