- Using Touch VPN is a convenient way to protect your online privacy since it's a free VPN.
- Nevertheless, it might not work seamlessly every time. Sometimes it could even crash.
- Follow the instructions below to restore Touch VPN's functionality on your PC.
- Alternatively, you could consider upgrading to a premium VPN instead.
Using a VPN is a way to anonymously and securely surf the Internet, with no restrictions. Touch VPN is a free VPN tool that supports Windows, iOS, Android, and Chrome.
If you are trying to fix Touch VPN and you are using Windows 10, you can follow the instructions listed below. We hope that one of the following solutions will help you solve your Touch VPN issues.
What to do if Touch VPN won’t connect on Windows 10?
1. Check if you have the latest Touch VPN version
As Windows 10 regularly receives updates, please make sure you have the latest version of Touch VPN. You need to keep your VPN software up to date in order for it to work properly with the latest version of Windows.
Go to the Microsoft Store and check whether there is any update for this software. If so, please install the available updates.
2. Use a different VPN tool
While free solutions do not require any investment, if you’re depending on VPN functionalities, you might want to consider upgrading to a premium software such as Private Internet Access.
The benefits that come with purchasing your own VPN are countless and fast, reliable connections to servers around the globe are just one of them.
If anything, PIA streamlines your connection and brings you unlimited bandwidth plus ultra-fast download speeds. Moreover, you get to choose the server to which you want to connect, thus eliminating proximity issues and ISP throttling.
In addition, your entire network will be protected, which means that all traffic data is encrypted and routed through secure VPN tunnels in order to keep your data, location, and identity protected and confidential.
Private Internet Access
Enjoy fast and reliable connections to servers worldwide with PIA!
3. Reset Touch VPN
Another solution could be to reset Touch VPN. In order to do this, please follow the steps described below:
- Open Start menu and go to Settings
- Click on Apps and then go to Apps & Features
- Select Touch VPN
- Click Advanced Options and afterward click Reset
- Restart your computer.
4. Check if SSL and TLS are enabled
If SSL and TLS are disabled, this may explain why your Touch VPN is not working. So, please make sure to check this part as well. In order to check this, please follow the instructions listed below in order to enable these features manually.
- Go to Control Panel
- navigate to Internet Options
- Click on Advanced
- Enable SSL and TLS, as shown in the screenshot below.
5. Clear Microsoft Store Cache
Some users reported that clearing Microsoft Store Cache could also be a solution for fixing this problem. If you still don’t manage to use Touch VPN, please try the suggestions below:
6. Reinstall Touch VPN
- Select the Start button
- In the list of apps, right-click on Touch VPN and select Uninstall. Select Uninstall once more in order to confirm.
- Select once again the Start button and go to Microsoft Store
- Click on See more and go to My library
- Click on Apps and then on Touch VPN
- Select Install
7. Update Network drivers
If you still can’t use Touch VPN on your Windows computer, try updating your network adapter drivers.
- Launch Device Manager > locate Network Adapters
- Uninstall WAN Miniport (IP), WAN Miniport(IPv6) and WAN Miniport (PPTP).
- Now, click on the Action menu and select Scan for hardware changes
- Windows 10 will install the latest version of the ports you just uninstalled.
8. Run the Internet Troubleshooter
Touch VPN may fail to connect due to incorrect or missing Internet settings. Fortunately, Windows 10 features a series of built-in Internet troubleshooters that you can use to automatically fix connection problems.
- Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot
- Locate and run the following troubleshooters (one by one): Internet Connections, Incoming connections, and Network Adapter.
- Reboot your computer and check if Touch VPN works properly.
We hope you managed to solve your problem concerning Touch VPN by using one of the solutions listed above. Also, if you other suggestions for solving this issue, please feel free to use the comments below to list the steps to follow.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can download the app from the official site or even from the Microsoft Store and follow the regular installing process by clicking the .exe file and running the software according to on-screen instructions. Then set up the VPN from the Control Panel/Settings tab and launch the connexion.
It is as good as any free solution can be allowing you to browse anonymously by hiding your IP and to access otherwise restricted content. However, it does not include all the enhanced security and privacy-oriented features that a premium VPN such as PIA, for instance, brings to the table.
From the Start menu, open the Settings and select Network & Internet, then switch to the VPN tab. Select your Touch VPN profile and disable or delete it. You can also uninstall the software altogether from the Control Panel.