Windows 10 June Security Patch contains huge fixes for IE, Edge, Flash Player and Windows OS
Microsoft’s monthly Patch Tuesday contained five critical security bulletins out of 16, with one a known exploit. In addition, the latest Windows 10 release version 1511 was brought up to build 10586.240 and MS16-063: Security update for Internet Explorer comes with five fixes.
Microsoft has recently discovered many vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer. Others were reported by users and if you want to learn more about them, check out the Microsoft Security Bulletin MS16-063. A severe vulnerability that was fixed in this security update could allow remote code execution if the user would view a specially crafted webpage in Internet Explorer. The security update also contained non-security-related fixes for this browser, detailed in the changelog:
– 3140847 Update: which will improve Enterprise Mode;
– 3163201: ContentEditable div loses <br> tag when you type after selected line of text;
– 3168659: File downloading intermittently deletes cache file before it copies to temp file;
– 3168662: Missing empty line when you paste rich text from WordPad into a content Editable div;
– 3168674: Storage event isn’t triggered for local Storage updates in an iFrame.
Apparently, the IE11 cumulative update MS16-063 (KB 3163649) and the Edge cumulative update MS16-068 (KB 3163656) have the security hole CVE 2016-3202 (Scripting Engine Memory Corruption Vulnerability) in common.
It was obvious that a new Windows 10 build was on its way and when 10586.420 was released, with some calling it Win10.1.13. Cortana required reliability improvements but developers have also improved Maps app, Miracast and audio in Groove Music.
Some users have complained that they weren’t able to install the cumulative update KB 3140768, instead receiving error 0x80070020. On the other hand, Microsoft thought about Windows 7 and Vista users frustrated because of the superslow Windows Update scans. Thanks to the new win32k.sys security update (KB3161664), part of the Microsoft Security Bulletin MS16-073, Windows Update scans are now much snappier.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 KB3156421 cumulative update makes many systems slow
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex for Windows 10 gets content update, brings stability fixes and gameplay modifications
- Windows 10 Build 10586.338 hits the Release Preview ring
Windows 10 Language packs are useful, but some users reported Language Pack error 0x800f0954 on their PC. This error can keep popping up, for example, […]
One of the most serious computer problems has to be the infamous Blue Screen of Death error. Many Windows 10 users reported Driver irql_less_or_not_equal BSoD error, […]