Uber finally made its way to Windows 10 platform last year after high demand from its users. And since the service is already available on Microsoft’s platform, it receives important features and updates like all versions for other platforms.
Recently, Uber introduced a new feature called Family Profiles which allows you to pay for other people’s Uber rides. You can add up to 10 people to the Family Profile circle and whenever someone from it calls Uber, the cost of the ride will be deducted from the common Family Profile balance.
Family Profiles is currently only available in Phoenix, Dallas and Atlanta, but the feature will surely make its way to other cities and regions soon.
How to set up Uber Family Profile
If you’re an organizer of a Family Profile, here’s what you need to do to add your family, friends, or colleagues to your Family Profile:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Uber app.
- Go to Menu and choose Settings.
- Scroll down to “Add a Family Profile” and select the contacts you would like to add.
- As soon as the Family Profile rider accepts the invitation, they can begin requesting rides from their own phone using the Family Profile as their payment method.
- The cost of the trip will automatically be billed to the Family Profile and the organizer will receive a receipt for every ride.
If you’re a member of a Family Profile and you want to pay for an Uber drive from a Family Profile budget, do the following:
- Open the email invitation to Family Profiles and accept.
- The first time you ride, make sure you’re using the latest version of the app and choose the Family Profile as your default payment method.
- Once selected, request a ride as you normally would and get moving!
If you still haven’t download the latest Uber app for Windows 10, you can do it from this link.