New UEFI and Firmware updates available for Surface Laptop Insiders
Microsoft just released a set of new Firmware and UEFI (BIOS) drivers to Surface Laptop owners, who are also Windows Insiders. New updates are, for now, available only to Insiders on Preview and Fast rings.
Users in the Fast and Preview rings have been able to acquire new updates since September, 12th. This rollout changed the default versions of 4 major firmware specifications and the version numbers are varying from user to user. These are the reported changes:
- UEFI going from 136.1668.769.0 to 136.1736.769.0
- Keyboard driver updates from generic 1.0.0 to 135.1713.0
- System Aggregator updates from 1.0.0 to 135.1704.1.0
- Trackpad driver updates from 1.0.0 to 2.122.2683.0
If everything passes as intended, we can expect a full update in the upcoming days. If it’s to hold to initial reactions, Windows Insiders are not concerned with too many noticeable issues in this preview version. However, since we’re talking about the Firmware and BIOS changes for a premium device, the majority of users is still more inclined towards the full release. It’s just too risky for some of them, which, as the matter of fact, is the main reason why this preview is introduced in the first place.
Microsoft is testing some essential changes as they, obviously, don’t want to provide global users with the flawed final release. Especially, as critical and important as this is.
Have you installed this Surface update already? Are there any noticeable issues? Make sure to share your experience with us in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update gets new security features
- KB4038806 breaks browsers and makes PC sluggish, users report
- No patch for the Windows Kernel bug that lets malware avoid antivirus detection
- Windows 10 build 16288 bugs: Install fails, Edge freezes, and more
The high CPU usage on a Cisco router is rather uncommon. If you’re configuring routers frequently, you’ll know that CPU utilization will rise when transferring […]
Javaw.exe is a process that launches Java programs. However, a “Windows cannot find javaw.exe” error message can pop up for some users when they try […]