An uninstaller, also called a deinstaller, is a utility software designed to remove other software or parts of it from a computer. It is the opposite of an installer. Uninstallers are useful primarily when software components are installed in multiple directories, or where some software components might be shared between the system being uninstalled and other systems that remain in use.
Uninstall was invented by Jack Bicer. While he was working on Norton Desktop for Windows at Symantec, Bicer came up with the Uninstall concept and developed the first Uninstall program in 1991.
How to fix issues that block you from uninstalling or removing programs?
Uninstalling programs is relatively simple in Windows 10, but some potential errors are possible, and things might get complicated. One of these errors is also a ‘never completed uninstallation,’ which doesn’t allow you to uninstall any program.
Not being able to uninstall your applications can be a big problem, and you can find the following issues:
- Add/remove programs stuck on please wait – Several users reported that they are unable to remove applications from their PC. According to them, they are getting this message while using Add or remove programs app.
- Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling AVG – Third-party applications can often interfere with your PC, and many users reported this problem while trying to uninstall AVG antivirus.
- Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling stuck – In some cases, users might get stuck while trying to remove certain applications. This can be a big problem, but you should be able to fix it with one of our solutions.
Solution 1. Restart your computer.
Restarting your PC will terminate all processes, including the corrupt uninstallation. When your computer boots, try again to uninstall the program you want to exclude.
Solution 2. Use a third-party uninstaller.
Third-party uninstallers are a more powerful solution than Windows’ own uninstaller. We recommend using IOBit Uninstaller or Revo Uninstaller, and for an informed choice make sure to check out the following reviews:
- 10 best uninstaller software for PC users
- 5 best Windows 7 uninstallers
- 5 best driver removal tools to make sure everything gets deleted
Solution 3. Remove the application in Safe Mode
One of the most used solution to fix uninstalling errors is removing the application from Safe Mode. Find out here how to access Safe Mode. After Safe Mode starts, try to uninstall the problematic application.
Using a reliable password is paramount if you want to keep your data safe. There have been numerous data leak and data breach reports in […]
Reports are being circulated that Microsoft intends to drop the People bar feature in the Windows 10 19H1 update. The original report came from a […]