Previously, Office Insiders received the August update for Word Mobile, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote. Now, regular users are receiving the update for the UWP OneNote app, which takes it to version 17.7341.57671.0.
The new features included with this new update are:
- OneNote will teach Windows tablet users to easily solve equations by guiding them step-by-step. Users need only write out the equation and the application will coach them along.
- Editable ink. Tablet users will be able to change their ink’s thickness and color even after the ink has dried.
The update will most likely come soon to the rest of Office Mobile apps and will bring:
- Format cells which will be special data types in Excel Mobile. The feature is available in EN-US only and it improves readability by formatting numbers as zip code, phone number, or Social Security number.
- Closed captions and multiple audio tracks in videos in PowerPoint Mobile will be played in slideshow.
- PowerPoint Mobile users will easily find what they’re looking for by using the Find icon on the ribbon. So, if they want to search for a certain text in their presentation, this feature will save them a lot of time.
Speaking of Office, Microsoft will soon integrate Genee into Office 365, making scheduling meetings easier for users. The Redmond giant will most likely integrate Genee’s features into its Calendar and Outlook email service, and we’re pretty sure this will make many Office users very happy.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: