How to update the Xbox One Controller in Windows 10
Microsoft introduced great cross-platform abilities with Windows 10. Users of Redmond’s latest operating system are able to, besides regular apps and accessories for Windows 10, use apps and accessories from other platforms as well.
One of the peripherals you can use on Windows 10 is the Xbox One controller. Since the introduction of the Anniversary Update and the Xbox One Elite Controller, users are able to play games on Windows 10 PCs using their Xbox One gamepads, allows them to use only the controller for the entire gaming ecosystem.
That’s not all: Besides the ability to play games on Windows 10 using the Xbox One controller, users can also update it on their PCs. Of course, the Xbox One controller is automatically updated when plugged into the Xbox One, but if for some reason you aren’t able to connect it to the console, you can use the alternative way and update it in Windows 10.
To update your Xbox One controller in Windows 10, you need to connect it using a USB cable and check for updates. Keep in mind that you need to be on the Anniversary Update to be able to do this, so if you haven’t updated your system yet, now’s the right time. Also, the process can be performed only when your Xbox One Controller is connected to Windows 10 with a USB cable: Updating via Bluetooth is not supported.
Update the Xbox One Controller in Windows 10
- Go to the Windows Store, and download the app called Xbox Accessories.
- Launch the Xbox Accessories app.
- Connect your Xbox One Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
- When the controller is connected, you’ll see the message “Update Required” if an update is mandatory. Just accept the terms, and install the update.
- Wait for the update to be installed
You can also check for updates by going to the Xbox Accessories app > Device info.
If you have any comments or questions, let us know in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Photos app is now available on your Xbox One
- How to download Xbox Play Anywhere games on your Xbox One
- How to stream music from Windows computers to Xbox One
- Original Xbox One sales target was set for 200 million units
- Xbox Wireless Controller supports Samsung Gear VR games, starting with Minecraft
Microsoft rolled out the Windows 10 v1903 update and by now a lot of users are trying the new set of features and options included […]
With the Windows 10 May Update, there came a series of bugs and issues that are hard to digest for some. Microsoft is working on […]
The SNMP (System Network Management Protocol) Service processes SNMP protocol requests. However, some users who have updated Windows 10 to version 1809 have said that […]