WeChat is a cross-platform instant messaging service developed China’s Tencent. The app was first released back in January 2011 and it’s currently available for devices running iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone and Symbian.
The Windows 10 PC and tablet version of the WeChat app has recently been spotted in the Windows Store. The new application is currently available only for tablets and computers running Windows 10, and, for some reason, it can’t be installed on the Windows 10 Mobile OS yet.
It is good to know that WeChat is now a UWP app and it should be available for all the devices running the Windows 10 Mobile OS in the near future. WeChat for Windows 10 PC and tablets looks great and comes with all the features and options available on the WeChat app version for other operating systems.
Using WeChat for Windows 10, you will be able to send messages, stickers, search for conversations, view profiles, mute conversations and more.
Here are some of the features that can be found on WeChat for Windows 10:
- Send text, photos, files messages and playback audio messages in chats.
- View Sight, animated stickers and real-time location shared by friends.
- Search articles from Official Accounts.
- Designed for the Windows 10 Universal Platform.
Also, for some reason, the WeChat app for Windows 10 doesn’t allow users to create new accounts. In other words, you will need to use your smartphone to scan the QR code on the Windows 10 app in order to use the application. Since the app is not currently working on Windows 10 Mobile devices, you will need a device running iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone or Symbian instead.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Snapchat app for Windows 10 Mobile is not coming
- GroupMe chatting app now available on Windows 10 PCs
- Viber strenghtens security through end-to-end encryption, cryptography keys and hidden chats