A few days after releasing Viber beta for Windows 10 Mobile, the Windows 10 PC version arrived as well. Just like the Windows 10 Mobile version, the PC version is also available only for users who signed up for beta testing.
Viber for Windows 10 is already available to download in the Windows Store and while everyone can download it, it will only work for users with beta-enabled accounts. The app will have same features as its mobile counterpart and as versions from non-Windows platforms.
Here are the most important features of Viber for Windows 10:
- “Text with your friends and make free calls with HD sound quality
- Send stickers, emoticons, photos and locations
- Download stickers from the Sticker Market, making messaging fun!
- Hold & Talk – instant voice messages. Your friend will hear you as you speak!
- Live Tiles, lock screen notifications, and the ability to pin chats to the home screen
- Select chat backgrounds from the background gallery
- Full sync between your mobile phone and computer
- Video chats
- End to End encryption”
Viber already has apps for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 so if you’re currently using Viber on your device, you’re not using the version build for Windows 10. As both versions of Viber for Windows 10 (Viber for Windows 10 and Viber for Windows 10 Mobile) are now available to beta testers, the public release is very close.
Viber will release the full version of the Windows 10 app as soon as beta testers provide needed feedback, and as soon as the development team removes all potential flaws.
If you’ve signed up for beta testing, you can download and test Viber for Windows 10 from the Windows Store on your PC right now. If you haven’t managed to grab a beta tester account for yourself, you’ll have to wait for the full version to be released. Of course, we’ll make sure to let you know as soon as it happens.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: