Visual Studio 15 Preview 3 brings huge innovations and improvements
Visual Studio 15 Preview 3 is now available for download and brings impressive new features and improvements to make your work easier. This preview version is an unsupported pre-release version of Visual Studio, and you shouldn’t use it in a production environment.
The improvements focus on 16 areas and include: updates and fixes to the Visual C++ environment, updated C++ compiler with enhanced support for C++11 and C++14, the new SQLite-based database engine is now being used by default to speed up database operations, and more.
The full list of improvements and bug fixe includes:
- Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova: all new projects, created from the template or from existing code, will be targeting Cordova 6.1.1.
- Visual Studio Tools for Universal Windows App Development:
- Updated.NET Native Toolchain: brings better runtime performance for UWP apps managed in Visual Studio, and over 600 bug fixes.
- Visual C++ received the C++ Standard Library feature.
- C# and Visual Basic: IntelliSense now allows you to filter the member list by type. Also, new language extensions have been added.
- Refreshed and Enhanced Visual Studio Feedback Workflow: the Report-a-Problem experience got better thanks to the new comprehensive web portal for a complete end-to-end feedback solution.
- XAML Diagnostics: the runtime toolbar now has an option to track focus.
- Visual Studio IDE: Reload All Projects has been replaced with Reload Solution to support better performance of switching branches external to VS.
- Debugging and Diagnostics: the new Exception Helper lets you view your exception information.
- NuGet: improves handling of configuration files and brings support for Linux and Apple environments.
- Developer Analytics Tools: the Developer Analytics Tools v8.0 brings five improvements.
- Team Explorer: if you connect to Team Foundation Server 2015 or earlier, you will see the legacy work item forms.
- SQL Server Data Tools: brings support for the latest features in Azure SQL Database and SQL Server 2016.
- Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio: new Office Add-in templates are available.
- Visual Studio Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Xamarin: Xamarin 4.1 is included in Visual Studio “15” Preview 3, and adds support for tvOS, improves the iOS Assets Catalog support, and the XML editing experience.
For more in-depth details about the new features and improvements, go to the official Visual Studio page.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft claims developers can release Project Scorpio-only games
- Windows 10 allows users to request compatible apps from Android developers
- Microsoft releases 2016 edition of Windows developer virtual machines
Microsoft released new Japanese and Chinese IMEs to Windows Insiders that are currently enrolled in the Fast Ring. These changes were introduced with the Windows […]
Microsoft is planning to redesign Windows 10 icons in Windows 10 20H1. The company says that the upcoming version of Windows will bring rounded corners […]