Voice over IP, abbreviated VoIP, represents the technologies and protocols, used to transmit communications and multimedia sessions over a network, usually the Internet.
VoIP is associated with any systems and applications that use the IP protocol to transport voice, such as IP telephony, Internet telephony, voice over broadband, and more.
Applications such as Skype, Zoom, and any programs that allow you to have a conversation while you’re connected to a network, use VoIP protocols.
Useful information about VoIP tools
- 6 best VoIP software for gaming
- Best Windows 10 VoIP apps and clients for free calls
- 5 best VPNs for VoIP to use blocked services and safe calls
- 5+ best video conferencing software to use on Windows 10
- 5 best VPNs to use with Skype to secure & improve calls
If you want to learn and discover more about this great technology that surrounds us, don’t hesitate to visit our dedicated VoIP Guides section.