- Tinder is the hottest dating app in the business, but it won't let you find matches in other regions without upgrading to premium plans.
- Discover how to use a VPN to change your Tinder location, as long as the VPN tool supports GPS spoofing mode. Find out the best VPN service for Tinder.
- Join our Tinder section for more practical articles about this dating service.
- To fix any issues with your VPN, return to our VPN Troubleshooting Hub.
Tinder is the most popular dating app in the world, allowing people to connect with just one swipe. However, you can’t change your location in Tinder without getting a paid subscription plan.
As such, if you’re a frequent traveler who doesn’t want to upgrade to a Tinder Plus or Gold account, you can look into alternative ways to change your Tinder location, like using a VPN.
What a VPN does is change your location and IP address to make it look like you’re trying to connect from another part of the world. It’s an excellent way to remain anonymous online, stay away from hackers, evade geoblocking, and access various websites.
But Tinder works differently because it tracks you down by GPS, similarly to Google Maps or Waze, in order to determine your accurate location and leave out any shady accounts. That makes the job of a VPN much harder, but not impossible.
Can I use Tinder with VPN?
Yes, you can use a VPN for Tinder in order to amp up your security level, especially if you often connect to public, unencrypted WiFi hotspots and start swiping.
However, if you want to change your Tinder location with a VPN, it’s a bit more challenging because a limited number of VPNs can spoof your GPS location.
How do I change my location on Tinder with VPN?
- Download Surfshark for Android.
- Launch the VPN app and sign up for an account.
- Go to Settings > Advanced.
- Enable Override GPS location.
- Follow the on-screen steps to Enable developer options and Enable mock locations.
- Go to Locations and tap a country and/or city.
- If prompted by the Connection request message, tap OK.
- Sign in to your Tinder account.
- Tinder should now detect you at the VPN‘s location.
Besides helping you expand your horizons on dating without upgrading to a premium Tinder account, Surfshark helps you become a more privacy-concerned user by encrypting all data traffic using the OpenVPN protocol with 256-bit military-grade encryption.
Furthermore, the app has Shadowsocks proxy, private DNS on each VPN server to protect your DNS queries, a built-in ad and malware blocker, obfuscation mode to bypass VPN blocks, multi-hop VPN connections to use two servers at the same time, a kill switch, and split-tunneling mode.
Although Surfshark is compatible with all major operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS, the GPS overriding feature works only on Android. However, if you use an Android emulator like BlueStacks, you can also install it on your Windows PC.
More about Surfshark:
- No logs or leaks
- Excellent connection speed
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- 24/7 live chat and email support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 7-day free trial for Android and iOS
Use this reliable and affordable VPN to change your GPS location for Tinder quickly and easily.
Why should I use a VPN for Tinder?
- Access Tinder on any restricted network, including at school, at college, on campus, and at the workplace.
- Use Tinder even if it’s blocked in your country by bypassing government restrictions that forbid dating services.
- Protect your device from hackers, especially if you often connect to public WiFi at hotels, airports, or restaurants.
- Find new matches in other cities without having to subscribe to Tinder Plus or Gold.
- Secure your banking info when you shop online or generally use your credit card.
- Hide your browsing activity from your ISP to remain anonymous and stop your Internet service provider from monitoring your traffic.
- Unblock Netflix US, UK, and others from anywhere by lifting geo-restrictions and eliminating copyright issues.
How can I change my Tinder location for free?
If you’re looking for a completely free solution without time limitations and which doesn’t ask for your credit card info, we suggest checking our Windscribe VPN. It has free plans and supports a GPS spoofing feature.
However, if you don’t want to use a VPN at all, you should check out the free GPS spoofing apps available in the Play Store. Fair warning though: most of them are filled with adware. And they don’t offer the same safety features as a VPN.
Tinder not changing location with VPN, what do I do?
Tinder is always looking for new ways to defeat GPS spoofing tools. Even if your VPN is working right now, it might fail the next day. Unfortunately, the system isn’t foolproof.
To try fixing GPS issues with Tinder over VPN, try to clear the app’s storage and cache from mobile settings. Keep in mind that it won’t necessarily work, though. On top of that, it will delete all non-profile data recorded by Tinder, including messages and matches.
Make sure to explore multiple VPN servers until you find one that works if Tinder gets stuck after sign-in.
In conclusion, it might be challenging to find a solution to change your Tinder location with a VPN, but not impossible. We tested Surfshark and it worked at the time of this article, so feel free to check it out for yourself.
Let us know in the comments below how was your experience with using a VPN for Tinder. If you are interested in a similar platform that you can access from anywhere, check out the best VPN for Zoosk.
Your connection is not secure - websites you visit can find out your details:
- Your IP Address:
Companies can sell this information, alongside your location and internet provider name, and profit from it by serving targeted ads or monitoring your data usage.
We recommend Private Internet Access, a VPN with a no-log policy, open source code, ad blocking and much more; now 79% off.