7 of the best VPNs for Fortnite [2019 List]
Fortnite is one of the popular Windows PC game developed by Epic Games. This title is the living, action building survival game where you and your friends lead a group of Heroes to reclaim and rebuild a homeland left empty by a mysterious darkness called “The Storm”.
It is about crafting weapons, building fortified structures, exploration, scavenging items and fighting massive amounts of monsters.
However, due to issues like slow connectivity, mistakenly marked for cheating, and even banned IP address, interruption in gameplay takes place. Hence, Fortnite game players need to utilize VPNs for Fortnite.
You can read up all about Virtual Private Network here.
VPN serves the purpose of masking real location, changing of IP address, increase internet connection speed, and also to bypass imposed restrictions on Fortnite game.
With NordVPN, you get to bypass any imposed game restrictions on Fortnite. It has a user friendly interface which makes it easy for beginner’s to install and use.
NordVPN comes with several VPN protocols such as OpenVPN, PPTP, IKEv2, IPSEC, and L2TP. It can be used on different operating systems (Windows XP/7/8/10), and Windows Phone, with many options to protect all your devices.
Other features of NordVPN include zero logs policy, strong encryption, smart DNS service, dedicated IP option, and simultaneous connection up to 6 devices.
In addition, NordVPN has web proxy extension for Google Chrome, while for China; VPN access can be done via obfsproxy.
However, NordVPN is affordable with a yearly price of $69.00. Also, they have a full 30-day refund policy.
Fortnite gamers can play as a ghost using CyberGhost, just as its name implies. More than 8.5 million people trust CyberGhost, which stands proof for its efficiency. It is efficiently working on different Windows versions and it has a great support service. In our opinion, this is the best VPN for Fortnite.
Here’s what to expect from CyberGhost VPN:
- IPV6 Leak Protection: detects and closes IPv6 leaks and therefore shields effective against data espionage
- DNS Leak Protection: the secure DN-Server feature circumvents censorship and prevents data phishing by fake websites
- IP Sharing: for an additional layer of anonymity
- 4 Protocols Supported: additional support of native OpenVPN, IPSec, L2TP and PPTP
- 600 servers at your disposal
- 30 day money back guarantee (in case you’re not satisfied with the product)
While this isn’t any longer a free VPN, if you buy it with a special deal (such as the one below), you won’t regret going premium. You will be able to enjoy, what we consider to be, the best VPN software for your Windows PC.Why choose CyberGhost?
Here’s what you should expect from Hotspot Shield:
- Surf online anonymously
- Real IP address masking
- A secure Internet connection, even while using public Wi-Fi
- Protection against phishing sites, malware, and spam.
- Fast connections for higher-speed browsing
- Zero traffic logs
- New IP address assigned when connected to a server of a particular country
The benefits of using Hotspot Shield will outweigh other VPN services. You can stick with either the free version or the premium version.
If you are thinking about a better security, we strongly recommend you to choose the paid plan which has a better support for $5.99 per month.
In addition, VyprVPN has two plans which are Basic and Premium Plans.
The Basic Plan has the following features:
- Three simultaneous connections
- Unlimited downloading and streaming
- Servers in over 70 nations worldwide
- NAT firewall
- 24/7 Live Support
Meanwhile, the Premium plan gives you additional features such as:
- Five simultaneous connections
- Free three-day trial
- VyprVPN Cloud
- Chameleon Protocol included
- High end protection
Furthermore, the Basic Plan costs $5.00/month when billed annually or $9.95 when billed monthly, while the Premium Plan costs $6.67/month when billed annually or $12.95 when billed monthly.
However, VyprVPN is that it keeps connection logs for a period of 30 days, unlike NordVPN.
Download it here
In addition, Zenmate can be customized to a wide range of languages such as English as well as Korean, Spanish, Russian, German, and many more.
The Free plan has the following features:
- Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome web browser extensions
- Access to servers in Romania, Germany, Hong Kong, and the US
- Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)/Internet Protocol Security (IPSec) protocols
- Unlimited data protection
- Strict zero logs policy
- Unlimited bandwidth
Meanwhile, the Premium plan gives you additional features such as:
- Up to five simultaneous connections
- Access to 30+ servers in 29 countries
- Malware and adware blocker
- Wi-Fi protection
- Faster speed unlike the Free version
- Opera web browser extension
Furthermore, the desktop application for Zenmate is compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10. Currently, this VPN service is being used by over 43 million users worldwide.
Download ZenMate here
Here’s what to expect from ExpressVPN:
- Access to over 1500 servers in more than 94 countries.
- Optimized for speed
- OpenVPN as standard
- User friendly interface
- Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome web browser extension
- Network Lock Kill Switch
- One click connection
- Unlimited bandwidth and server switches
- Live chat support
Furthermore, it is available on all operating systems as well as Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, & 10. ExpressVPN has one of the best premium package is available at $99.95 per year.
Another great VPN for Fortnite that you might want to try is IPVanish VPN. This VPN offers amazing speed and over 1,100 servers in 60+ countries around the world. With such a large number of countries to choose from, you should be able to avoid any georestricted issues without any problems.
This VPN offers unlimited bandwidth and 256-bit AES encryption, so your browsing data and online activity will remain protected from third parties. IPVanish VPN also doesn’t store any traffic logs so your browsing activity will remain hidden even from IPVanish’s servers.
We also have to mention that this tool supports unlimited P2P traffic and it works with OpenVPN and L2TP/IPsec VPN protocols. The software supports unlimited server switching, and you can have up to 10 simultaneous connections with IPVanish VPN on multiple devices.
As for compatibility, this software is available on Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, Ubuntu, and Chroomebook. It can even work with routers, so you can protect your entire home network with ease.
IPVanish VPN is a solid VPN, and with its wide range of servers and cross-platform compatibility, it will be perfect for all your needs.
- Fast speed
- 256-bit AES encryption
- 1,100+ servers in 60 different countries
- No traffic logs
- Unlimited P2P traffic
- OpenVPN and L2TP/IPsec VPN protocols
- Up to 10 simultaneous connections
- Cross-platform compatibility
Do share with us your experience in using any of the best VPN for Fortnite we highlighted in this post. Feel free to comment below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in April 2018 and has been since revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
Here are the best VPN tools for Fortnite
In order to design every aspect of a great looking bag or backpack, you will need to be able to design shapes (2D panels). These […]
There’s no denying that Power BI offers a lot of features. Still, many users need even more functions. For example, people want to disable all […]