VUDU brings its Windows 10 movie app to Xbox One users
Microsoft debuted the Xbox One console in 2013 alongside a slew of entertainment apps including VUDU, a popular digital service for purchasing and renting more than a hundred thousand movies and TV shows, including in-theater hits and blockbusters.
The desktop landscape has dramatically changed since Microsoft rolled out its latest desktop operating system Windows 10. In an effort to bring the latest movies and TV shows to your Windows 10 PC, VUDU released an app on the Windows Store in September of this year for Windows 10 PCs and tablets.
Three months later, VUDU is now bringing its new Windows 10 app to the Xbox One and Xbox One S. VUDU updated the app’s description on its Windows Store listing, with key features that allow users to:
- Watch the latest movies, from still-in-theater hits to blockbusters — some before they’re even out on DVD or Blu-ray.
- Catch up on TV episodes as soon as the day after broadcast, or binge-watch complete seasons.
- Rent or own only what you want, with no subscription or rental late fees.
- Stream directly to your Windows 10 device or download to watch anywhere, anytime.
- Connect to both Ultraviolet and Disney Movies Anywhere, and access your movie and TV collections all from the VUDU app.
However, the VUDU app is still not available to Windows 10 Mobile users, but with good reason: VUDU is not inspired to launch an app on Windows 10 mobile devices given the platform’s declining market share. That means the prospect of a VUDU mobile app is more likely to remain a pipe dream for too long.
The VUDU app is now available to download from the Windows Store for free.
- Best Apps to watch free movies in Windows 8, Windows 10
- Stan video streaming app comes to Windows 10
- 6 best free and paid streaming software for PC users
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18836 has recently been rolled out to all the Windows Insiders who are currently in the Skip Ahead ring. The release comes […]
The Java Virtual Machine fatal exception error pops up for some users when they try to launch software built on Java. The full error message […]
Blu-ray is, without doubt, the most powerful video content hub today, which is a marked improvement to the preceding DVD medium. However, its convenience of […]